Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QT...what a biotch (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295037)

irishpint 07-18-2005 02:41 AM

QT...what a biotch

Villian is TAG 21/12/2.5 over 91 hands. Folds a lot post flop- which is why i wonder if i should have bet the river? im curious about all streets
pf- i am pretty sure i should have folded?
flop- raise?
turn- i opted to raise here. for/against?
river- decided to check behind since i didnt figure someone i was going to beat to call me

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

willis81 07-18-2005 02:55 AM

Re: QT...what a biotch

[ QUOTE ]
pf- i am pretty sure i should have folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you can fold here. You're getting 5.5-1 effective and you will be in position throughout the hand. Sucks getting 3bet when you have Q10, but you need to take a flop now.

[ QUOTE ]
flop- raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think I would have opted for a flop raise in this spot. My line would have been flop raise, bet turn, check river, but that is because I am weak.

kidcolin 07-18-2005 02:56 AM

I fold this preflop. I only raise based on table composition and if it's suited.

Flop - raise
Turn - bet
River - ? Not so sure. I am leaning towards betting, as he could have JJ-88, Q9, maybe A7? But if he usually folds a lot post flop, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows a QJ or a split with QT.

kidcolin 07-18-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way you can fold here. You're getting 5.5-1 effective and you will be in position throughout the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this? You're only in position if it's folded to the blinds. Any cold callers, which happens a lot in low limit 6 max, puts you out of position. QJ, KQ, KT, KJ are pretty popular cold call hands for the fishies or the passive types.

wheelz 07-18-2005 03:00 AM

fold preflop, QTo is no good UTG

I like raising the flop, because when a card like the K of clubs comes on the turn I won't want to raise anymore.

The river... well I'm all for value betting, but this one is close. I mean, I don't see a worse hand that's going to call the river. I think taking the free showdown here is a good idea.

irishpint 07-18-2005 03:15 AM

PF...i meant fold initially, not to the raise

Flop/turn: the plan was not for an overcard to come...but it was a scare if he has a queen, and the flushiness...and id have to call a river bet anyway i think.

mungpo 07-18-2005 03:34 AM

Fold preflop and raise the flop.

kidcolin 07-18-2005 03:43 AM

crap I'm a jerk and didn't read carefully enough. Missed the BB 3-bet. That makes checking the river a lot more appealing.

NLSoldier 07-18-2005 04:40 AM

I raise this preflop just about every time.

I think raising the flop is better but waiting till the turn isn't horrible.

Given your line you need to value bet the river.

baronzeus 07-18-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this preflop just about every time.

I think raising the flop is better but waiting till the turn isn't horrible.

Given your line you need to value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise QTo, I'm assuming you raise KT and K9o, and A8o. What is your VPIP? 33? 30?