Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Getting Cute at the Binions No Max NL Game

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 Blinds, No Max Buy In, Binion's, Las Vegas

I'd been playing my regular tight aggro game and decided to mix it up a little on this hand. I had been showing down winning hands and the table respected my play. On to the hand.

Main villian in hand is a girl with pokerstars gear on. She had been playing fairly tight, and hadn't made any real moves or bluffs since she's been at the table.

With a couple of limpers I raise it to $15 (the standard table raise) in the CO with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The two limpers call, and everyone else drops out.

The flop comes down:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The limpers check it to me and and I make a continuation bet of $30. Pokerstars chick calls with $700 behind, other limper drops out. I have $500 left in my stack.

The turn is:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PS chick leads out for $100.

Your action on turn and river play for:

a) complete blank
b) spade
c) board pairing card

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to put her on a hand:
Arag s : unlikely, most fold to a big PF raise. Besides, why bet so big on the turn?

As5 : same

22, 44, 55, 66, 64s, 62s, 42s: more likely to limp and then call a raise.

2 small/medium spades: Likely to limp call, but why this huge turn bet?

I other words I put her on a hand which needs the board to pair board to beat me. I think the turn bet screams of "I hit big on the flop but, hey, the board is gettin scary!"

I also expect her to fold to a raise bigger than a min raise here. Probably also to a min raise.

I would call the turn bet, and if I think she would call a min raise then I would min raise. If she push to the min raise then I fold.

Now if the turn comes a spade fold to a bet but bet pot size to a check.

If the turn is a brick then i hope for a bet from her then minraise that bet.

If the turn paires the board I check or fold.

FWIW