Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Blackjack question - third base taking the dealers bust card

A few friends and I were having some drinks and having a good time and someone brought up the idea that we should go play some low limit blackjack for shlts and giggles. Everyone was game and as we closed out the tab, I heard one of my buddies tell another about having to have a 'good' third base player, or he's out of there. I overhear this and interject that how anyone else plays their hand has no effect on your play and that the idea of third base or anyone taking the dealers "bust card" is a fallacious one.

He argued with me for a while about how a third base player's play can have an effect on your game, and continued to support his argument with many uneducated strategy suggestions.

Anyways, my question is, does anyone have a clever and clear cut explanation that I could give to my buddy as to why third bases play does not affect anything... I've tried in every way I can think, and I kinda believe he realizes he is wrong, but is stubborn.

I'd like something super definitive to allow him to fully accept it and for all of our buddies to understand so they can become slightly more educated on smart gambling (not just to prove me correct, as I'm pretty sure all of my buddies realize I am an 'intelligent' gambler, but so that they really understand the idea and believe it without a doubt)