Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Do you like this play from this position?

[ QUOTE ]
If you know he will call with much worse hands, why give him a chance to get away from a bad flop for him when you can get all his chips a much bigger percengage of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be a fine line if there was no one to act behind you.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 PM

I agree that's something to worry about where a standard raise may be better. I was mostly posting in argument to those who advocate flat calling to try to get away from the bad beat :P
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise to 450-500. Call if he pushes. If he just calls and the flop brings an Ace beware. With an M of 40+ and a bunch of live players behind you a push is overdoing it.

I think I'd give this same advice even without knowing the results, but I can't be sure. So it's your own fault for giving me results when i don't want them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I gave the results in order to ask if I should have just re-raised or push. I thought a push would get a call from him, which I wanted, knowing I had to be a large favorite.

On the other hand a 500 re-raise could get me off the flop if an ace comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or an Ace or King on the flop could get you to fold the best hand to a donk bluff......

You got all your chips in as a big favorite. If I thought villian would call the push here I would push it every time.

These are the hands you have to win to go deep in the tourney. Sadly, it doesn't always work out.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:06 PM

A) If this guy is really a donk and you re-raise him he'll probably coover the top anyways and you're gonna get it in PF which you want. But you avoid losing your stack if someone else wakes up with a hand behind you. No one is saying it's a bad result to get all-in PF against this villain; everyone agrees that it is. That doesn't make pushing right with live players behind you. If we were in the BB and everyone else folded, yeah, push.
B) If he can just call a big re-raise and bluff an A-high flop 'knowing' you don't have AK then hats off to him.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) If this guy is really a donk and you re-raise him he'll probably coover the top anyways and you're gonna get it in PF which you want. But you avoid losing your stack if someone else wakes up with a hand behind you. No one is saying it's a bad result to get all-in PF against this villain; everyone agrees that it is. That doesn't make pushing right with live players behind you. If we were in the BB and everyone else folded, yeah, push.
B) If he can just call a big re-raise and bluff an A-high flop 'knowing' you don't have AK then hats off to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Say I re-raise 4x more. And then a late position guy pushes. I muck here. That makes it tough.