Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to 6 Max....a question for experienced 6 max players

I've just started playing 6-max, developing my short-handed play, atm i'm playing as if i'm in full ring and the first four fold. I've found reads become much more important for establishing hand ranges because the play is so much more irratic.

Is there no good threads on adjusting to 6-max?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
less chance of multiway pots

[/ QUOTE ]

On Pacific, multi way 6 max pots are not uncommon.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 PM

two scenarios, both times hero's hand is 44 w 100BB(hand with high implied odds, low reverse implied odds)

10max UTG raises to 4 (AA-QQ, AKs), hero calls. hero can expect to win at least an $80 pot here when he spikes a 4, so this is a clearcut call

6max UTG raise to 4 (ATs+, 99+), hero calls. hero may not win an average of $80 pot when he spikes a set.

point is that you see bigger hands in tenmax, so making sets, straights and to a lesser extent, flushes, pays off as there are likely strong 2nd best hands.

if the board comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you want to be facing the tenmax UTG range with 44 but the 6max utg range with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], hence implied odds are reduced, but folding equity and semibluffs go up.

FWIW, if your plan is calling my PFR's with PP's and folding when you don't make a set, you won't be turning a profit even if you stack me every time i do hold an overpair/TPTK, because most often i wont. These kinds of massive, repeated marginal EV mistakes are where some of the profit comes in big games with all solid players (not that i play in them).

fim