Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: relatively easy flop question A6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bets. you can't fold. so spend that tiny tiny extra in hopes of slowing down your opponents or buying a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this board, if everyone calls your 3-bet (or better yet, if UTG folds) and the turn is a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it's checked to you, are we really checking here? 'Cuz I'd be more inclined to bet (depending on the card, of course), and check the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm willing to bet the turn.. i'd need to know who is still left and what card drops before doing it though. UTG folding is a big improvement in our perceived hand strength. you only have 1 flop aggressor left. facing 2 aggressors seems like its less likely you have the best hand. if you miss both of your bd draws and there are passive callers still left, we can probably fold to a turn check-raise figuring we have 2 - 2.5 outs (6's w/ a discount for the 6 of flushes).

regardless, 3-betting the flop obviously gives you more options and possibly info if someone caps and then checks the turn for instance.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:08 PM

I call. A 3-bet here just bloats the pot with a marginal hand. Bet if checked to on the turn, call 1, fold to 2.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:15 PM

-Blind Post

I probably fold this preflop for a raise. Axs isn't that good of a hand. You pretty much have to hit a flush or Aces up, as there is most likely a better ace somewhere.

But now that I am in the hand...
I fold for a bet and a raise. You aren't beating much here and don't have many outs.

*EDIT*
Wow, I guess I am too tight. I still say i fold this, I think in this Situation I need a 6 or a backdoor flush...
Old 04-15-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call. A 3-bet here just bloats the pot with a marginal hand. Bet if checked to on the turn, call 1, fold to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the chances of a 3-bet slowing the action down to a reasonable level, I actually like a 3-bet here.

Rob
Old 04-15-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Blind Post

I probably fold this preflop for a raise. Axs isn't that good of a hand. You pretty much have to hit a flush or Aces up, as there is most likely a better ace somewhere.

I fold for a bet and a raise. You aren't beating much here and don't have many outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the flop texture and pot size, I think folding to a bet and a raise is no good here. And the PF coldcall is fine.

Rob
Old 04-15-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Blind Post

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the flop texture and pot size, I think folding to a bet and a raise is no good here. And the PF coldcall is fine.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the preflop CC is fine? I have seen over and over "Don't play Axs in most circumstances". Is this one of the circumstances where its ok? If so, why?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen over and over "Don't play Axs in most circumstances".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you saw that, but they're wrong. Axs is a money hand with loose players. The coldcall is easy with 4 coldcallers in front of you, because big pots are fun.

Rob
Old 04-15-2005, 04:45 PM

So suppose the betting went:

UTG Raises, folded you hero on button, hero? Folds?

On a loose table they are going to pay off a made hand big, so Its worth it? Does Axs play similar to a suited connector?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:47 PM

raise it up

decent hand, HUGE pot, free card potential....
Old 04-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Axs is a hand where you like to play in big pots because when you make a flush you win a big pot since there was a lotta people putting money into the pot. If your playing against only one other guy who raised UTG, your hand is usually worse.