Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Suppose you called and checked a K-8-7 rainbow flop. MP bets $200 and LP folds. What now?
Fold 85 93.41%
Raise all-in. 2 2.20%
Call, planning to check-call the river. 4 4.40%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Flipped Denom on Plaque

I hate to say it, but I almost would like to see a 4th chip added make IT the 10,000 plaque, make the 5000 chip a octagon, and the make a regular 1000 chip.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Why Octagon and Plaque?

Wow, lots of posts to go through here.

I wanted to briefly address one item: Why Octagon and Plaque? Because it makes this set unique. Who else has them? No one, at least not in the US. In Europe they have oval jetons and many sizes of plaques. This is another way to differentiate between chips, not just different colors of round chips. I think it's really cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It looks most of you like the idea of having them, although a little fewer of you like the octagon vs. the plaque. Still the majority like them both.

RE: Fitting in cases: Some slots may have 44mm to hold the octagons. If not, they can sit a little slanted and fit? Or we can research cases that have wide enough slots. For the plaques: They'll fit in card deck slots! Almost all cases have card slots. I already measured my mahogony cases and I can fit 28 plaques in the cards slots. I dont travel with them, so it's not problem. (I just measured one of my cheap aluminum cases and I can get 18+ in there too)

RE: "Can't Shuffle Octagons": You don't need to shuffle the $1,000 chips, just use 10 of your $500 or lower chips to play with. You're going to intimidate the other players when you have a stack of the cool octagons and plaques in front of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RE: Making the plaque landscape (horizontal) instead of vertical: I'm still tossing this around. Chipco says that making Tut smaller will lose a lot of the detail. I'll ask for a version on the next revision. It'll look great....

Ten
Old 12-14-2004, 09:00 PM

I like them both! Can I order just 1 plaque?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like them both! Can I order just 1 plaque?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you're planning to use it as a card protector, you'll look like you folded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They won't see your cards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ten
Old 12-14-2004, 10:57 PM

Default These look georgous

Man, reading over this thread makes me want to buy a set when everything is done with.

Hopefully I'll do good in Vegas and beable to afford a good sized set of these as they are very nice and would make quite an impression with friends.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Re: The Egyptian chip set - I have the new chip designs!

It's funny, many people have mentioned not liking how the $1000 chip body image color is too similar to the chip background orange. That's one of the things I really love about it!

Anyways, I really suck at photoshop, but here's a quick mock up of a horizontal plaque. Don't know what if anything could go on the lower right side. I don't think a small pyramid would look good.

Old 12-15-2004, 09:42 AM

Dont do edge 'spots' on the plaque. JUst make the entire border purple. I think it will look weak w/spots in different places along the sides or on the corner. Since CI just wraps those strips around the chips. IMO.
Accident [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 12:45 PM

Ten,

These chips are beautiful. I've never considered buying a set this expensive before, but these have me drooling.

On to the critiques. I like the octagon and the plaque. I agree with several others about making the quarter a bit less ornate and orienting the plaque horizontally.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny, many people have mentioned not liking how the $1000 chip body image color is too similar to the chip background orange. That's one of the things I really love about it!

Anyways, I really suck at photoshop, but here's a quick mock up of a horizontal plaque. Don't know what if anything could go on the lower right side. I don't think a small pyramid would look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, like we talked about in email, this is exactly what I want. Birds a little smaller, Tut a little bigger, and something lower right to balance it all. Maybe this Tut symbol: (placed lower right, horizontally)

Re: The $1000 orange Anubis Octagon: I had a similar dilemna on the first set. My favorite chips is the least favorite of the group here. I say this one is perfect, and should not be touched. I like the way he blends into the orange...

Ten
Old 12-15-2004, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way he blends into the orange...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it makes it feel more like a wall painting, not a living/breathing Anubis. I think it is a nice effect.