Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 PM

Default good affliate?

paylessrake.com

good/bad?
anyone that has used them wish to comment?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: good affliate?

website looks like crap and ive never heard of this affiliate. of course, im always going to be very critical when someone with less than 10 posts makes a post like this.

-ryan
Old 10-24-2005, 02:22 PM

So you are upset that I have recently found out about 2+2 and have signed up and started to post? So I suppose when you first started, you got to skip your first post?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are upset that I have recently found out about 2+2 and have signed up and started to post? So I suppose when you first started, you got to skip your first post?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's that there's an increased likelihood that you're associated with the site and are posting a thinly-veiled spam message. Make a new account, spam, and leave. The responder in question probably also made his first few posts in the strategy forums rather than asking about affiliates.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Ah---I see.
Nope, was an honest question from a new user. I was wondering why I got such a nasty response.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:32 PM

The affiliates that advertise here and the affiliates that advertise on rake review directories (RRR, PIR) are usually legit. If you don't know a small affiliate personally its probably best to choose one that is respected in the community and already has positive feedback listed here and at other sites.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah---I see.
Nope, was an honest question from a new user. I was wondering why I got such a nasty response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snippy responses are often the norm at 2+2 on topics where the poster puts a URL in the body, gives a bad beat story, suggests a mainstream site may not be fair, etc. It is pretty common for people to troll a newsgroup asking short "innocent questions," with a link to their site. It's nothing personal. The level of discourse on this thread is really darn good.

Quite often the OP gets flamed beyond recognition. For example, teens on other forums here are lately enamored with "You Should Seriously Consider Killing Yourself" as a retort. Or sometimes the fall-back Retard/Moran stuff.

These forums are enjoyable, just take brief/skeptical replies as given with good intent, but simply brief and to-the-point and ignore the flamers.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm impressed that you actually are signing up for rakeback this quickly....many people forget that a big part of poker is table selection, which includes rake and bonus considerations .

Good for you, get that extra 0.5BB/100 hands
Old 10-24-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that rt1 and many other posters in this forum including all the mods are competing affiliates. That doesn't mean their advice is bad but you should consider it in context.

Anyone in this forum with serious decisions to make should definitely visit rakerebatereview.com and read everything they can find there. It is the standout best source for information about rakeback.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM

Good information on rakeback affiliates can be also be found on my rakeback directory http://www.pokerincentivesreview.com.