Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Default $20/40 7-6s

Online 6handed $20/40 game. Unknown, seemingly quite typical opponents.

UTG limps, UTG1 limps, cutoff raises, button coldcalls and SB 3bets. I look down at 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind and call. Rest calls too. All six to the flop for 3 bets each.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, UTG drops, UTG+1 calls, cutoff calls, button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, they all call.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG+1 folds, cutoff raises, button reraises and it's onto me.

Other than that, comments on preflop call, flop line?

lars
Old 10-16-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: $20/40 7-6s

Preflop is a must call. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River either call or cap it. I don't think it makes much difference, but i would call b/c JT is very likely and you will get an overcall if you just call.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a must call. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River either call or cap it. I don't think it makes much difference, but i would call b/c JT is very likely and you will get an overcall if you just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I go with a call on the river and expect to lose. But you'll get lucky once in a while.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:03 PM

yikes.. cutoff prob. has QQ, button scares the crap out of me though. i'd call getting around 11:1 or so
Old 10-17-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yikes.. cutoff prob. has QQ, button scares the crap out of me though. i'd call getting around 11:1 or so

[/ QUOTE ]

oops.. not sure why i said cutoff prob. has QQ. he doesnt

button does have JT though
Old 10-17-2005, 07:56 PM

Default RESULTS

Good read Daryn. I actually folded for the 3bet. No-one is bluff-raising into this pot, and I couldn't put both on a hand I beat.

The cutoff proceeded to cap. Button called and won with J-To after cutoff had showed Q-Q.

Lars
Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Good read Daryn. I actually folded for the 3bet. No-one is bluff-raising into this pot, and I couldn't put both on a hand I beat.

The cutoff proceeded to cap. Button called and won with J-To after cutoff had showed Q-Q.

Lars

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, too bad i ruined it by posting this afterwards:

[ QUOTE ]

oops.. not sure why i said cutoff prob. has QQ. he doesnt

button does have JT though

[/ QUOTE ]

just seemed like QQ would have put more action in on the earlier streets

but i still claim victory baby!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online 6handed $20/40 game. Unknown, seemingly quite typical opponents.

UTG limps, UTG1 limps, cutoff raises, button coldcalls and SB 3bets. I look down at 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind and call. Rest calls too. All six to the flop for 3 bets each.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, UTG drops, UTG+1 calls, cutoff calls, button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, they all call.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG+1 folds, cutoff raises, button reraises and it's onto me.

Other than that, comments on preflop call, flop line?

lars

[/ QUOTE ]
I like preflop, but I think your flop raise is debatable. Even though you have a monster draw you are not going to take this pot down unless you hit, so you may be better off just calling here and encouraging others to call behind you, and if someone does raise behind you, then you should reraise when it comes back to you since you have a huge equity edge. So on the flop I like calling and hoping it gets raised behind so I can 3 bet or cap to build the pot, but the way you played it isnt that bad either since the pot is so big that anyone with a hand at all will call your flop raise, and thus you will accomplish your goal of building the pot anyways. On the river, i expect you to lose, but you must call, folding the best hand here would be a catastrophe.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:15 AM

i don't think the flop raise is debateable unless you can really count on it being raised behind you
Old 10-17-2005, 09:33 AM

I think the main reason behind my flop raise, is to try force out Q-J somewhere to free up the Ten as one of my outs. Even in this monster pot, it's a good chance of getting a nut gutshot straight draw to fold for two or more bets cold at a twosuited board.

lars