Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   $20/40 7-6s (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359091)

LarsVegas 10-16-2005 10:36 PM

$20/40 7-6s

Online 6handed $20/40 game. Unknown, seemingly quite typical opponents.

UTG limps, UTG1 limps, cutoff raises, button coldcalls and SB 3bets. I look down at 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind and call. Rest calls too. All six to the flop for 3 bets each.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, UTG drops, UTG+1 calls, cutoff calls, button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, they all call.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG+1 folds, cutoff raises, button reraises and it's onto me.

Other than that, comments on preflop call, flop line?

lars

mplspoker 10-16-2005 10:59 PM

Re: $20/40 7-6s

Preflop is a must call. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River either call or cap it. I don't think it makes much difference, but i would call b/c JT is very likely and you will get an overcall if you just call.

daryn 10-16-2005 11:03 PM

yikes.. cutoff prob. has QQ, button scares the crap out of me though. i'd call getting around 11:1 or so

CardSharpCook 10-16-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a must call. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River either call or cap it. I don't think it makes much difference, but i would call b/c JT is very likely and you will get an overcall if you just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I go with a call on the river and expect to lose. But you'll get lucky once in a while.

10-17-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online 6handed $20/40 game. Unknown, seemingly quite typical opponents.

UTG limps, UTG1 limps, cutoff raises, button coldcalls and SB 3bets. I look down at 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind and call. Rest calls too. All six to the flop for 3 bets each.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets, I raise, UTG drops, UTG+1 calls, cutoff calls, button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, they all call.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, UTG+1 folds, cutoff raises, button reraises and it's onto me.

Other than that, comments on preflop call, flop line?

lars

[/ QUOTE ]
I like preflop, but I think your flop raise is debatable. Even though you have a monster draw you are not going to take this pot down unless you hit, so you may be better off just calling here and encouraging others to call behind you, and if someone does raise behind you, then you should reraise when it comes back to you since you have a huge equity edge. So on the flop I like calling and hoping it gets raised behind so I can 3 bet or cap to build the pot, but the way you played it isnt that bad either since the pot is so big that anyone with a hand at all will call your flop raise, and thus you will accomplish your goal of building the pot anyways. On the river, i expect you to lose, but you must call, folding the best hand here would be a catastrophe.

daryn 10-17-2005 12:15 AM

i don't think the flop raise is debateable unless you can really count on it being raised behind you

LarsVegas 10-17-2005 09:33 AM

I think the main reason behind my flop raise, is to try force out Q-J somewhere to free up the Ten as one of my outs. Even in this monster pot, it's a good chance of getting a nut gutshot straight draw to fold for two or more bets cold at a twosuited board.

lars

10-17-2005 10:53 AM

Flop raise isn't close, but it isn't to clean up outs. It's because hero's pot equity is enormous and given the texture of the flop he's likely to get plenty of calls behind him.

10-17-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the main reason behind my flop raise, is to try force out Q-J somewhere to free up the Ten as one of my outs. Even in this monster pot, it's a good chance of getting a nut gutshot straight draw to fold for two or more bets cold at a twosuited board.

lars

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, I looked at this problem from a pot building perspective and I wasnt sure that raising the flop would get more small bets in the middle vs calling the flop in the long run. Given the size of the pot, if QJ will fold even a small percentage of time, than raising the flop is not debatable, it is the right move. I made a mistake in my analysis.

DeeJ 10-17-2005 11:56 AM

pf call looks fine as you flop 2 diamonds or a draw often enough to nicely beat pocket pairs. River you gotta call but I would expect to lose to JT fairly often [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]