Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Default There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort of

Loyalty rewards program which will tale the place of rakeback.

Don't hold your breath.

Why would Party offer an internal system sort of like rakeback when they don't want it in the 1st place.

If they did that not only would they be giving the multi-tabling high volume players "rakeback" but they would also be giving it the other 100,000 players plus they have on their network.

Keep dreaming
Old 10-11-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort

I have no idea what their plan is, but it seems like it could work for all parties concerned if it was some kind of tiered rewards program. In other words, the more hands you play, the higher % you get rewarded.

The casual fish who only plays a few hundred hands a month would get a small percentage, and it would increase for those who play thousands of hands per month, capped at a certain fixed percentage.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:45 PM

you said:
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what their plan is, but it seems like it could work for all parties concerned if it was some kind of tiered rewards program. In other words, the more hands you play, the higher % you get rewarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I previously posted:

The whole thing works out much better if you make it an auto rakeback program exclusively for high volume players, with tiers according to rake generated. Obviously, you could continue to give an affiliate 3-6% of the players rake, (that's something like what they make now I guess) and in turn the affiliate could be expected to perform the same function they have, as advocates/ CS for a group of players.

A. There aren't many month in month out high volume players who are ignorant of rake.

B. You can still charge the base rake to the majority of your customer base.

C. Affiliates who expect to get 20%+ are obviously hurting the pro and semi-pro player base. Party really needs us more than the affilliates, because without the regulars, games break and revenue drops.

All this cloak and dagger, open an account under my girlfriend's dog's name, secret password BS, has really run its course. I'm tired of poor customer service and inconsistent policies. At least PS is consistent in their policy: lower rake, better player points, friendly service, no RB.

Unless party comes up with a solution that does not involve me begging and/or me sitting on my hands and not playing poker there for 60 days, I'm leaving. There are many sites that are happy to have my business and as many of us pay more rake than we do rent I feel we are entitled to a little god damn consideration here. Money isn't everything, and I'm willing to face slightly tougher competition to promote a better business model.

to which you responded:

Quote:
Party really needs us more than the affilliates, because without the regulars, games break and revenue drops.

Sincityguy: This is one of the most unintentionally humorous statements I've read in quite a while.

So, I guess that parts of my post are stupid doesn't stop you from stealing my thesis?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:51 PM

The part of your other post that I responded to had nothing to do with the area that you now show in bold text (which, by the way, I happen to agree with).
Old 10-11-2005, 08:06 PM

What everyone seems to be overlooking is that, people play 10 tables and 90 000 hands a month for the rakeback. This is a win win situation for the player and the room. Take away the rakeback and many players will go up in limit and play two tables. The players variance will increase, but his work will be less stressfull.

I will probably play at party, but they will lose income.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that players will play as many hands without rakeback. We all do what is in our own interest. I don't think there's any loyalty in this industry.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort of

Why would Party offer an internal system sort of like rakeback when they don't want it in the 1st place.

They want to offer player rewards to stay competitive/maintain their edge over other sites. Party is aware that without rakeback, many high volume players would play at Stars instead. The reasons for this are obvious.

The do not want traditional rakeback because affiliates undercut each other. As a result, players are canceling/reopening accounts and switching back and forth between affiliates. This is problematic for both rakeback and non-rakeback affiliates, which in turn is a problem for Party.

By offering a direct rewards system, they prevent the undercutting and player swapping from happening.

Cup
Old 10-11-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort of

That makes sense. Seems to hurt affiliates the most.

What about the reduced incentive for affiliates to find new players for Party? Or do they feel the player base is already saturated?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is problematic for both rakeback and non-rakeback affiliates, which in turn is a problem for Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a problem for Party? The only one that it is a problem for is the affilates. It's the cost of doing business either be competitiive or lose the customer.

Party's official line is it does not offer rakeback hence there is no Problem for Party.

Party may have a couple of duplicate accounts or there may be some gnome accounts out there because of rakeback but this is not a problem for Party.

All it is is a couple extra names in a database
Old 10-11-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this a problem for Party? The only one that it is a problem for is the affilates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has to deal with the fraudulent duplicate accounts and the outrage from the nonrakeback affiliates (who do bring in a lot of fish). Party does not want to alienate their nonrakeback affiliates, as much as we might despise them.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:10 PM

And I'm sure you can all think of SOME PEOPLE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT TYPE LIKE THIS who will hit party for multiple reloads each month using gnome accounts, surely this is bad for party ...