Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Muckleshoot changes

Just got back from the Muckleshoot, where they had two tables of $3-6 hold'em going. I've only been there around seven or eight times, but I had never seen $3-6 before, just $2-4 and $4-8. The dealer told me she thought they were going to kill the $2-4 and offer $3-6 every day.

Also, she told me they're going to start having killpots at some tables. Don't know what limits or if it'll be full- or half-kill or both. Also don't know when this will start.

This might not affect many players here, but figured I'd mention it for folks who want to play $3-6 at the Muck. I played tonight and it was a good, friendly game with what seemed to be more than a couple of beginners.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Muckleshoot changes

I would love to see them kill the 2/4- chase the fish into the 3/6 or 4/8 where it is easier to beat the rake!
Old 11-18-2004, 05:23 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Muckleshoot changes

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from the Muckleshoot, where they had two tables of $3-6 hold'em going. I've only been there around seven or eight times, but I had never seen $3-6 before, just $2-4 and $4-8. The dealer told me she thought they were going to kill the $2-4 and offer $3-6 every day

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd be stupid to kill the 2-4. I'd be suprised if they did.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, she told me they're going to start having killpots at some tables. Don't know what limits or if it'll be full- or half-kill or both. Also don't know when this will start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which dealer was saying this? I've always heard from the floorguys that there's no reason for them to do a kill pot game. Ill have to check into this.

Maybe after they expand the room. Should that ever happen. We've been hearing it for about 2 years now. With how much action they get there, i don't see why they would do any of this.

b
Old 11-19-2004, 02:26 AM

Default I checked into it a bit...

Yep, they are spreading the 3-6 now instead of 2-4. Interesting. Musta started that on wed.

They are waiting on the kill games for now. Not sure when they'll try those or how they'll implement them. Personally, i'd rather not have the kill game. But, oh well.

b
Old 11-19-2004, 05:00 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: I checked into it a bit...

Who cares they won't have a 20/40 Kill game so no biggy.

Now if they really want to do something worth while. How about a 5 bet cap and no cap heads up? There are 3 hands in particular that the 4 bet cap heads up has cost me a ton of money. Several players just don't know when to stop raising their top house.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares they won't have a 20/40 Kill game so no biggy

[/ QUOTE ]

well...i was thinking of the little guy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Now if they really want to do something worth while. How about a 5 bet cap and no cap heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i know why they have no cap HU, I doubt the wonderful washington state gaming comission would allow that, but ill ask why they dont have a 5 bet cap. Not sure why they couldn't have that.

b
Old 11-19-2004, 06:00 PM

Speaking of kill pots though, should it change my usual buyin for 4/8? I typically buy in for 200 unless it's a new table, in which case i usually just do one rack (since everyone else does one rack). I'm thinking though, that 100 is a bit short for 4/8 kill. If i've bought in for 200 and am down to 80 or so i'll usually buy in another rack, if i've bought in for 100 i'll usually wait until 40 or 50. I think 40 or 50 would definitely be too low though, since if i had bad timing i could end up with a great hand in a kill pot with only 40 bucks, which is no where near enough if it's full kill.

I guess i can just get a feel for it if they do impliment it, but I think i'd probably just always go 2 racks at rebuy below 100 with a full kill. Or 80 with a half kill, does that sound about right?
Old 11-19-2004, 07:51 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

It really depends on the Kill type but in general as long as you have 12BB's (to the kill) there is no way you'll cheat yourself on a hand. So a 2 rack buyin at 4/8 with a kill should be fine. 8/16 is a bit of a pain to play with white chips though.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:16 PM

I'd buy in the same. Just remember to play a little tighter in a kill pot. Money lost during a kill pot is tougher to recoup when the table goes back to it's normal limit.

Sometimes a kill pot doesn't come up very often.

b
Old 11-20-2004, 05:07 AM

Now if they really want to do something worth while. How about a 5 bet cap and no cap heads up?

Having a cap HU is dumb. It definitely takes value away from the better players.

FWIW, I've 4-bet and folded to a 5-bet more than once.

GoT