Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 09:14 PM

Default 109s hand

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero ????

Is this an auto raise with TPMK, and both backdoor straight and flush draws? Raising isn't neccessarily going to protect my hand with so many callers in front, and the guy behind me is a total maniac and raises every time I bet. Also if a blank falls on the turn, how do you play the turn/river? I think I played this hand weak, these types of hands give me a little trouble and I need to improve in this area. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: 109s hand

With only 2 limpers, I'm folding pre-flop. I usually like a few more behind me before calling middle suited connectors.

I raise this. If it gets 3-bet by a maniac, so be it. Maybe it'll help to knock some overcards out. What a "blank" on this board? I become a bit concerned at any QKA, a non-diamond 7 further coordinates the board, a 3 pairs the board. If a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes or something like that, I'm calling UTG's bet if he's the first to act.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With only 2 limpers, I'm folding pre-flop. I usually like a few more behind me before calling middle suited connectors.

I raise this. If it gets 3-bet by a maniac, so be it. Maybe it'll help to knock some overcards out. What a "blank" on this board? I become a bit concerned at any QKA, a non-diamond 7 further coordinates the board, a 3 pairs the board. If a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes or something like that, I'm calling UTG's bet if he's the first to act.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has 3 limpers, and I think he's fine here with two limpers.

I'd raise this flop. If button 3-bets hopefully you can clear out the field with what is likely the best hand.

Rob
Old 11-30-2004, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this flop. If button 3-bets hopefully you can clear out the field with what is likely the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sitting behind you here.. you can't assume an auto-3bet isolation move.. oh.. i just checked the reads. i was wondering why you were hoping for a 3-bet..

PF is an easy limp and is just fine with 2 limpers to him. 3 limpers is a dream once you start playing with tighter players.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sitting behind you here.. you can't assume an auto-3bet isolation move.. oh.. i just checked the reads. i was wondering why you were hoping for a 3-bet..

PF is an easy limp and is just fine with 2 limpers to him. 3 limpers is a dream once you start playing with tighter players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you just call this flop?

Rob
Old 11-30-2004, 09:43 PM

no way.. isolation move without position all the way.

i'd raise without a maniac button too.. buy the button, possibly taking a free showdown if an overcard or scare card(s) come. throw in the backdoor draws and its not even close.. do you see why? oh, i just said why.. the pot is getting big enough and your outs many enough that you want to see the river more often than not.. so protect, buy position, etc, all in one move.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:39 PM

I would've folded to 2 limpers pf most likely. By a blank, I meant a card that kills both of your backdoor draws, but not a scare card. UTG had Q9 and ended up winning the hand, but I'm willing to bet that he would've folded on the flop or the turn unimproved to a 3 bet by the button.