Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   109s hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=155529)

ucfryan 11-30-2004 09:14 PM

109s hand

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero ????

Is this an auto raise with TPMK, and both backdoor straight and flush draws? Raising isn't neccessarily going to protect my hand with so many callers in front, and the guy behind me is a total maniac and raises every time I bet. Also if a blank falls on the turn, how do you play the turn/river? I think I played this hand weak, these types of hands give me a little trouble and I need to improve in this area. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

JordanIB 11-30-2004 09:19 PM

Re: 109s hand

With only 2 limpers, I'm folding pre-flop. I usually like a few more behind me before calling middle suited connectors.

I raise this. If it gets 3-bet by a maniac, so be it. Maybe it'll help to knock some overcards out. What a "blank" on this board? I become a bit concerned at any QKA, a non-diamond 7 further coordinates the board, a 3 pairs the board. If a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes or something like that, I'm calling UTG's bet if he's the first to act.

Entity 11-30-2004 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With only 2 limpers, I'm folding pre-flop. I usually like a few more behind me before calling middle suited connectors.

I raise this. If it gets 3-bet by a maniac, so be it. Maybe it'll help to knock some overcards out. What a "blank" on this board? I become a bit concerned at any QKA, a non-diamond 7 further coordinates the board, a 3 pairs the board. If a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes or something like that, I'm calling UTG's bet if he's the first to act.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has 3 limpers, and I think he's fine here with two limpers.

I'd raise this flop. If button 3-bets hopefully you can clear out the field with what is likely the best hand.

Rob

btspider 11-30-2004 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this flop. If button 3-bets hopefully you can clear out the field with what is likely the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sitting behind you here.. you can't assume an auto-3bet isolation move.. oh.. i just checked the reads. i was wondering why you were hoping for a 3-bet..

PF is an easy limp and is just fine with 2 limpers to him. 3 limpers is a dream once you start playing with tighter players.

ucfryan 11-30-2004 09:39 PM

I would've folded to 2 limpers pf most likely. By a blank, I meant a card that kills both of your backdoor draws, but not a scare card. UTG had Q9 and ended up winning the hand, but I'm willing to bet that he would've folded on the flop or the turn unimproved to a 3 bet by the button.

Entity 11-30-2004 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sitting behind you here.. you can't assume an auto-3bet isolation move.. oh.. i just checked the reads. i was wondering why you were hoping for a 3-bet..

PF is an easy limp and is just fine with 2 limpers to him. 3 limpers is a dream once you start playing with tighter players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you just call this flop?

Rob

btspider 11-30-2004 09:43 PM

no way.. isolation move without position all the way.

i'd raise without a maniac button too.. buy the button, possibly taking a free showdown if an overcard or scare card(s) come. throw in the backdoor draws and its not even close.. do you see why? oh, i just said why.. the pot is getting big enough and your outs many enough that you want to see the river more often than not.. so protect, buy position, etc, all in one move.

Entity 11-30-2004 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no way.. isolation move without position all the way.

i'd raise without a maniac button too.. buy the button, possibly taking a free showdown if an overcard or scare card(s) come. throw in the backdoor draws and its not even close.. do you see why? oh, i just said why.. the pot is getting big enough and your outs many enough that you want to see the river more often than not.. so protect, buy position, etc, all in one move.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, I raise this as well, even without a maniac button. You just seemed like you were disagreeing with me.

Rob

btspider 11-30-2004 09:52 PM

yeah, i have been doing that a lot recently.. mostly in a devil's advocate kind of way.. that's how i learn usually. i prefer one line, then try to argue the alternative and see if I can convince myself.