View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Is this kind of treatment from PartyPoker Support normal and accep

English only at the table please!!

1. I am truly amazed at those who can speak more than one language. I know a lot can do it of course....but it's something I can't even come close to doing and I just think it's freaking cool.

2. I have shared some of the original poster's resentment towards party support in the past...many of us have I think.
Not only did he get promised a certain amount, but they seemed unapologetic when they made an error that left him $2000 short of what he thought he was getting. No...he didn't exactly lose money on the deal...but he was TOLD $3750 so was certainly entitled to actually EXPECT that he would get that amount.

On the PPM cruise I won my seat kind of late and thus did not get to choose the 'regular' cabin. I could either pay $1k extra for an upgrade or get a $200 refund for a downgrade. Something like that.

The number of times I was told that my $200 refund would be sent 'within the next 24 hours' or 'within the next 3 days' was astonishing.
I finally got my money about 4 weeks after the cruise. They didn't even notify me that I got it...just put it in my account.
Very frustrating to fire off ANOTHER e-mail saying "10 days ago I was told my money would arrive in 3 days....THEN I was told it would still take another 7 days....and now I am still waiting for it....and I am not getting any responses from support either"

etc etc etc.

Just getting a hold of party support to fill out the forms and ensure that I was all set for the cruise was a pain enough.
I got in the habit of e-mailing 3 different addresses in hopes that one of them would respond to me (info@party, events@party, cruise@party.. something like that).

I fully agree with the original poster that Party needs to clean up their act in many regards.
Making certain mistakes is forgiveable. It happens.
But cleaning up those mistakes is a skill they are sorely lacking in.

In the meanwhile, after I won my WSOP seat via PokerStars I was IMMEDIATELY directed to the forms I was supposed to fill out...and IMMEDIATELY informed that they have received all my info and I'm all set.
I will need to register and report and such-and-such place upon my arrive...etc etc etc.
All the info you could possibly want.

Thus, I know it's possible for a large online-poker site to handle their customers correctly...it just seems that Party chooses not to do it (partly by not hiring enough support I suspect).