View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Why is the officating in soccer so horrible?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that offsides call on twellman was just criminal. I don't think that it was slanted one way though, cause the red card that the T&T player got on the harsh side

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't the only bad call. It seamed to me that anytime a foul might have been called against T&T, they played on, but the ref would call fouls against the USA if they breathed the wrong way.

The call that I thought was really teribble was in the second half, T&T had a goal kick. The ball cleared the box, and a USA player caught the T&T defense asleep and intercepted the kick. He had a good chance as there was only the golie between him and the goal, but the ref blew the wistle and the did the goal kick over. I never heard any explaination for this.

As for the red card, I agree it was harsh, but if there was ever a situation that deserved a penalty kick, that was it. But I guess my problem here is with the rules, not with the officating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ref called the play dead because the goal kick did not leave the penalty box, and was therefore not legal, and must be rekicked.