View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Read this

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1

AP is apparently creating one fine mess. And this collection agency they are using, good lord. The guy calls me and leaves a message that me or my attorney must call him back regarding a very important legal issue so on and so on. Sounded like I was going to be in court tomorrow. So of course me wife was worried crazy. I wasn't because I knew it was probably a screw up, but still a hassle. Then I call the guy and he has no details, not even knowing whether it was AP for sure ( he also said absolute entertainment). I did a lot of phone work and emailing a couple of days before leaving town. Now over a week later and not one return phone call from this BS collection agency concerning this "Very important legal matter."

I am following up with the bill collector this week, since I've been out of town. I got this email from AP

Mr. xxxx

Your account is in good standing with us. We just contacted our collections department to disregard any issue with your AP account. I just called and got an answering machine.

Kind Regards,

Ed Cartín

Security & Control Department

Email: Ecartin@absolutepoker.com

Phone: 1-305-946-0201- Ext. 2026

"Continuing to be the best and most trusted"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI From when they first call you a clock starts ticking. If you don't receive a letter within 5 days detailing your rights you are entitled to collect $1k.

edit to add: $1k from the collector which is most likely a third party that has nothign to do with AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The collector is definitely a third party.

I just called absolute and they told me to fax over my letter from the collection agency. I don't know how I feel about sending this over to them, but it seems like they are not going to answer anything unless I do.

Where do I go from here?