View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 12:33 PM

Default Results

A few thoughts:

Stu - I think Dynasty makes a great point. There aren't any aces folding for 2 bets on this flop in a live LL table. This table in particular, no ace would fold to checkraise pressure. Given the texture of the board, I don't think a better hand will fold.

Riff - I wasn't involved. You need to stop speed reading. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

At the table I thought that betting was fine, probabaly better than checkraising since KK is really unlikely to raise here given the board texture. Hero could then fold to a raise.

The problem is that the pot is too big at that point to fold to a raise. Assuming the probable AK, hero has the 2-2's, 3-3's and 1-A as outs while getting 15-1 on a call. He simply can't bet and fold to a raise.

Going for a checkraise doesn't seem great either because you can't get a better hand to fold, and all worse hands are drawing nearly dead.

I think check-calling is the preferred option here. I'm surprised no one mentioned it.

On the turn, I think that since he bet the flop, he should checkraise. Since he led, 3-betting seems best. If he had simply check-called, I would have checkraised the turn.

Result: Hero calls turn. River makes the final board [A223]K. Hero check-calls and loses to AA.