Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I need inspiration - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351148)

J.A.Sucker 10-05-2005 04:50 PM

I need inspiration - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, here's my quandary:

I have to write my PhD thesis, but I'm a waste of oxygen these days. Even moreso than normal, if that's not totally impossible to belive. I can't even get started, even though I have lots of the material already written in the half-dozen papers that I've had published.

The question is how can I get going? Please inspire me. Feel free to fling the needed insults/pics/anedotes that will help the Sucker become Dr. Sucker. Thanks! I'm hoping that this thread becomes a repository for all that is good and bad with OOT. Don't let me down, all!

Asufiji2004 10-05-2005 04:51 PM

Re: I need inspiration - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop being a [censored] and do it

phage 10-05-2005 04:53 PM

In my graduate program we were allowed to use our papers as the main chapters of the thesis but needed bridging paragraphs to join them into a cohesive text. Can you do something similar? What are you studying?

stabn 10-05-2005 04:55 PM

Matt Flynn is a doctor and it doesn't sound like you are going to pull it off. Man, that's got to burn.

asofel 10-05-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, here's my quandary:

I have to write my PhD thesis, but I'm a waste of oxygen these days. Even moreso than normal, if that's not totally impossible to belive. I can't even get started, even though I have lots of the material already written in the half-dozen papers that I've had published.

The question is how can I get going? Please inspire me. Feel free to fling the needed insults/pics/anedotes that will help the Sucker become Dr. Sucker. Thanks! I'm hoping that this thread becomes a repository for all that is good and bad with OOT. Don't let me down, all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the pool. Stop the Chinese. Start the thesis.

Los Feliz Slim 10-05-2005 04:57 PM

Women get naked for Doctors. And the women pay!

Cancer Merchant 10-05-2005 04:57 PM

Just think of the city-burning, cop-calling, mother of all blackout times you're going to have when you're done.

kipin 10-05-2005 04:57 PM

Offer to pay everyone $1 who replies to the thread if you don't start your thesis in the next week, but then... never follow through with it.

LeatherFace 10-05-2005 04:57 PM

Imagine you sitting peacefully at your desk reading oot, all of a sudden a fat man is trying to give you anal. I would get working on the PHD thesis.

Georgia Avenue 10-05-2005 04:59 PM

This is sort of like asking for directions to an AA meeting at a bar...