Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Defend 33? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221887)

KidPokerX 03-28-2005 11:48 PM

Defend 33?

BB appeared to be drawing, I think I'm good here.
Thoughts?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Kaz The Original 03-29-2005 12:23 AM

Re: Defend 33?

This isn't really 'defending'.

Unless you're defending your overly-loose play. *SNAP*. Ok, I admit it, I'm not funny. Lets see you do better.

bicyclekick 03-29-2005 03:19 AM

The river is the only interesting street IMO. You might have a value bet, but then again have to fold when raised I think. Also could induce a bluff. If bb is unknown i think i fire another bet out there.

Where's the defend part?

DcifrThs 03-29-2005 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river is the only interesting street IMO. You might have a value bet, but then again have to fold when raised I think. Also could induce a bluff. If bb is unknown i think i fire another bet out there.

Where's the defend part?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see what you see as interesting.

imo, all hands that would bet as a bluff (club draws) will probably just check behind instead of betting b/c it seems as though hero will call. if there was a turn CHECK and the 9 paired then i agree with you. but since hero bet the turn, the pr(villian bluffing) decreases substantially making the river a pretty clear bet fold to a raise imo. any ace will almost certainly call. a bottom pair MIGHT fold and those two probabilities combined make it worth the bet b/c a pair better than 3 may check behind when it would have folded to the bet...

-Barron

KidPokerX 03-29-2005 06:22 AM

Villain showed QK (no clubs) ... he turned out to be quite passive throughout.

binions 04-29-2005 10:14 AM

You obviously aren't much of a limit player.

hockey1 04-29-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where's the defend part?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imo, all hands that would bet as a bluff (club draws) will probably just check behind instead of betting b/c it seems as though hero will call. if there was a turn CHECK and the 9 paired then i agree with you. but since hero bet the turn, the pr(villian bluffing) decreases substantially making the river a pretty clear bet fold to a raise imo. any ace will almost certainly call. a bottom pair MIGHT fold and those two probabilities combined make it worth the bet b/c a pair better than 3 may check behind when it would have folded to the bet...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to disagree with you both and say this is a clear check call. No better hand than hero's will fold -- especially when the river pairs the board. That is, if he called the turn with any pair he'll call again on the river almost 100% of the time. The only hand worse than hero's that will call is an A -- maybe. So there's almost nothing to be gained by betting. And there's a decent chance that BB will bluff with a busted draw, which gains you an extra BB, or check behind with something like 3rd pair, which saves you a BB.

philnewall 04-29-2005 10:44 AM

It seems like the perfect river to induce a bluff.

rigoletto 04-29-2005 12:24 PM

I agree with the bet line but; isn't this kind of contradictory: [ QUOTE ]
any ace will almost certainly call. a bottom pair MIGHT fold

[/ QUOTE ]

DcifrThs 04-29-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Where's the defend part?

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to disagree with you both and say this is a clear check call. No better hand than hero's will fold -- especially when the river pairs the board. That is, if he called the turn with any pair he'll call again on the river almost 100% of the time. The only hand worse than hero's that will call is an A -- maybe. So there's almost nothing to be gained by betting. And there's a decent chance that BB will bluff with a busted draw, which gains you an extra BB, or check behind with something like 3rd pair, which saves you a BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed a 6 isn't folding...but i see 44/55 as having a tough time calling given i bet all the streets. further i do see A2 calling along with A4 and A5...

he doesn't have a Q...he may have a 6...and if he has a 9 he raises and we fold...i'd say given that he just call call called we have him beat here that the pr(having him beat &amp; he calls with that hand) combined with the pr(him folding 44/55) dictate a bet.

but i do think its close.
-Barron