Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   JJ gets it heads-up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=206240)

Marquis 03-03-2005 12:01 PM

JJ gets it heads-up

I'm 4-tabling, so no reads on the villain.

Incidently, all these bonuses lately and the 4-tabling is not exactly doing wonders for my game. I almost can't wait for them to end so that I can get back to playing poker.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ???

What's my line for the rest of the hand?

Womble 03-03-2005 12:07 PM

Re: JJ gets it heads-up

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I dont really know but this happens to me alot. I would be tempted to call and fold turn UI.

He is not afraid of raising a PF raiser so he 'should' have the K. Who knows [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Firefly 03-03-2005 12:10 PM

Call, fold the turn UI. What else is he raising an UTG raiser on that board. I highly doubt it is a T. Good hand, bad flop, small pot=move on

Marquis 03-03-2005 06:03 PM

I dunno guys, call and check-fold seems awfully weak. I think you'll see guys take stabs at you heads-up here enough to make a different line more viable. Does anyone 3-bet or just go into call-down mode from here?

davelin 03-03-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point? For image?

shadow29 03-03-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see people recommending this all the time.

How many outs do you think you have here?

droolie 03-03-2005 06:18 PM

The pot is smallish. You can fold on the flop but I probably wouldn't. I'd call. Check/ call the turn and river. Many players will take shots HU. I have to have a semblance of a read to give up on the 4+BB's you stand to win if you call this down correctly... This might be spewing but I find many players who actually have the K will go all passive and let me bet into them on every street. They will fear you have AA or AK and not want to fold their top pair in case you don't.

Firefly 03-03-2005 06:18 PM

Guilty as charged. We have 2 outs...I just feels weak to fold. Darn cards look so pretty. Good point.

Marquis 03-03-2005 06:28 PM

I did not 3-bet the flop. This particular jokester bet the turn but checked the river through with T9.

Hey drool, if he was bluffing or semi-bluffing on the flop there's a good chance he'll check the river through as he did here. How do you feel about folding the river if he keeps betting? I guess the pot is probably laying you enough odds by that time to call that one, too, eh?

cdy 03-03-2005 06:32 PM

I think that, until I have seen evidence otherwise, my standard line here would be to call down against an unknown. I sometimes feel like I am giving away chips here, but I win enough to feel justified.