Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Tonights WPT-Scotty N-You've Gotta Swallow (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=245861)

Army Eye 05-05-2005 02:18 AM

Re: Tonights WPT-Scotty N-You\'ve Gotta Swallow

[ QUOTE ]
logos are advertisments. players aren't allowed to advertise on the WPT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What logo?

MLG 05-05-2005 02:42 AM

i would assume that whatever was covered on his hat was a logo.

skaboomizzy 05-05-2005 02:48 AM

I've always wondered what kind of logos are banned.

I'm a lifelong Pittsburgh sports fan. If I choose to wear a Steelers or Pirates cap at a WPT final table, would they make me tape over it? What are the restrictions?

Hopefully someone who's been on TV can help me out with this on the off-chance I actually get there myself.

Ramon Scott 05-05-2005 03:11 AM

WPT owns the rights to their programming, so they likely don't allow ads for online cardroom and the like.

Also, most anyrandominternetcardroom.com isn't allowed by FCC, I believe. Therefore, most sites have a free-play .net site for playmoney.

After that horrible Moneymaker-Raymer Pokerstars commercial, it was nice to see the slicked up ad that Raymer did on Sunday's HU championship on NBC.

Army Eye 05-05-2005 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would assume that whatever was covered on his hat was a logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's possible, but he usually wears his trademark 'The Grinder I'm a Machine' hat. And that looked like one of them.

psyduck 05-05-2005 04:04 AM

Scotty meant that you have to swallow whatever the results are. Not for Shana Hiatt to swallow. Although the way he said it, it was hilarious.

KdoubleK 05-05-2005 05:55 AM

I think Scotty was somewhere between buzzed and blitzed by the time Shana interviewed him so his drunken rambling came out sounding obscene when he really was trying to express his disappointment. My own semi-hijack: Does anyone else think Chiau cost himself the win by overplaying his AJs when the A flopped? I think if he checks to Stolzman there the chips go in.

Sluss 05-05-2005 06:33 AM

Re: Negreanu Question

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, they had a piece on Negreanu where they show him getting in an argument at the table on one of the early days. What was that all about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guy was telling Daniel he had to respect him because he was worth 100 million or something. Daniel started telling him how he respected everyone the same. From the janitor to that guy. Then they show Negreanu busting the guy.

Anyone else notice Gavin in the stands getting a couple of camera shots in?

grandgnu 05-05-2005 07:50 AM

Yeah, some jackass who was full of himself because he claims to have 100 million dollars was giving Daniel a hard time, I guess.

And yes, I know the context of Scottie's comment, but I still think he was aware of the "other" context and made sure to put it out like that. Combination of drinking, having a fugly wife and being in the presence of Shana will do that to ya.

Now I want a t-shirt with the two of them on it and "You've Gotta Swallow" as the logo. I bet I'd sell a million of those shirts, pure genius!

Trainwreck 05-05-2005 08:09 AM

That's incorrect:

Scottie's wife is very very very far from fugly.

She is very pretty and HUGE tracks of land! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
(I've seen her in person)

I agree that he needs to remove the sauce from his game.

>TW<