Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sometimes, I know when to fold 'em.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223666)

ScottTheFish 03-31-2005 07:34 PM

Re: Sometimes, I know when to fold \'em....

I'm guessing you mucked because MP's smooth call of your raise is a big hand and you can be pretty sure he is coming over the top of the short stack's all-in.

BobboFitos 03-31-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BobboFitos

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

2nd time today teddy... must be because I got lucky with 54o.

Any case - it's because he doesn't close the action

EDIT: Fixed spelling mistakes, plus, MP's cold call is very, very scary. Its either a fush draw or set. If it's a set he'll push on you and you'll have to fold after committing dead money, and if it's a flush draw you only have 6 outs and you have 0 implied odds.
EDIT2: The 2nd reason is what scott says, and I think he's right

tbach24 03-31-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BobboFitos

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

2nd time today teddy... must be because igot lucky with 54o.

Any case - it's because he doesn't close te action

[/ QUOTE ]

It's now consensus among our cardplaying friends, Rob is synonomous with lucky.

Tilt 03-31-2005 09:45 PM

Well played.

phil_ivey_fan 03-31-2005 10:22 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't like your c/r oop on a small stack. If you were in position, you would have two good reasons to check raise. 1) to take it down, 2) buy a free river.

BobboFitos 04-01-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but I don't like your c/r oop on a small stack. If you were in position, you would have two good reasons to check raise. 1) to take it down, 2) buy a free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post contains a key error. do you see what it is?

TheWorstPlayer 04-01-2005 06:35 AM

Who the hell do you check/raise in position? Last I checked they deal the next card once the last person to act checks.

MarkL444 04-01-2005 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i happen to think semi bluff checkraising a short stack after he showed some aggression preflop and an ace hit is a big mistake.

Ghazban 04-01-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. i happen to think semi bluff checkraising a short stack after he showed some aggression preflop and an ace hit is a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. If we ignore MP, the short stack preflop raiser has enough left that he can't call me without an ace. So if he raised preflop with a big pair, he has to lay it down and I win with (unshown) 7-high. If he does have an ace, he pushes, I have odds to call and a fair chance to outdraw him.

xorbie 04-01-2005 10:23 AM

Wait.. your logic is that if he pushes you can call. Then he pushes, you fold. I'm confused. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]