Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I Didn't Study For This Test, I'm Cool (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=183480)

apd138 01-25-2005 09:14 AM

Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

My grades were fairly average during high school, but that was due to doing absolutely none of the work. The only thing that kept me passing was getting A's on the tests in 80% of my classes yes I did do poorly sometimes, but for the most part I did not study at all. The material is all gone over in class two or three times sometimes, if you pay even a little attention you will be fine. As for history I would say 70% of high school history is re hashing the elementary and middle school history you already learned. In college I do have to study cause I am not a genius by any means, even by Dutch Boyd standards. Also if you took advanced classes in high school this would change my opinion of having to study but if you really didn't want to study in high school you could set your schedule up so you wouldn't have to.

AncientPC 01-25-2005 09:18 AM

I was one of these people in HS, but most of my grades were B's in AP classes. Going to class and doing the mandatory homework was enough, I didn't need to study.

The same mentality f*cked me over in college, since homework was no longer mandatory I never did it and always fell behind. Also, I didn't really have a good studying system as well.

spamuell 01-25-2005 09:43 AM

I bet there are lots of people on these boards who barely studied during high school and achieved very highly.

I don't know about the American school system but in England, it was fairly easy to do very little/no work outside of class. In essay subjects, as long as you can write well and have some knowledge, it's pretty easy to appear like you know a lot and skirt around what you don't know. Also if you know how exams work and how they're marked (and by the end of secondary school you should given you've been doing public exams in the same subjects for three consecutive years) then it's pathetically easy to exploit that.

I don't know, maybe some people are lying but I am certain that if you're smart and you go to class and pay attention at the right times, and it's fairly easy to tell from the atmosphere of your classmates when these are, you should be able to do very well on tests in high school with no studying at all.

jakethebake 01-25-2005 10:23 AM

Yep. That was me. I might have done 10 homework assignments in 4 years. Never studied. I sorta halfway paid attention in class. I was a B student.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 01-25-2005 10:47 AM

I rarely did my homework and very rarely studied for tests. I got like a 2.8 or something. Highschool is easy.

ThaSaltCracka 01-25-2005 11:51 AM

High School was easy man, I use to do the homework the day it was due, and rarely if ever studied for tests. My cumulative GPA for four years was 3.44 and this was at a private school. I think a lot of teachers in HS never challenge their students, but in the case of my school, they pounded you freshmen year but after that it was smooth sailing.

mmbt0ne 01-25-2005 12:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I think a lot of teachers in HS never challenge their students, but in the case of my school, they pounded you freshmen year but after that it was smooth sailing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the brothers like the young ones.

vulturesrow 01-25-2005 12:12 PM

I went to high school in a rural community. It was very easy, I never studied, instead spending my free time partying and playing sports. However I got my ass handed to me in college due to my complete lack of study skills. I had a roommate who never studied in college outside of homework. He literally sat in the room and played video games every night or went out drinking. He got straight As and was a finalist for one of those big national post-grad scholarships, I cant remember which. Luckily I graduated but it was iffy for a while. Of course my academic performance in college has had no meaningful ramifications since then, other than having to get a waiver to take post-grad courses.

beerbandit 01-25-2005 12:22 PM

i hate people that lie about stupid [censored] like that

people lie about stupid [censored] all the time

i hate everybody

Schneids 01-25-2005 12:49 PM

I studied tons in HS (sans senior year). I wish I still had that work ethic in college. IMO a majority of the classes I've taken in college (math excluded) are easier than the ones I took in HS.