Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 11:24 AM

Default I love to antagonize

If you ever wondered why I chat the way I do then the subject line should be a sufficient explanation.

I'm playing this morning and I'm following one of my favorite buddies. I love to poke at him and make fun of his name and type witty statements. Essentially, I fart in his general direction (HA!). So, he's typing BUCKFISH and I'm responding ty, ty, ty and feeling warm and fuzzy inside from all the love. And we're headsup. The raise button has never been so used as it has today, especially now, thanks to my quips and comments. The more I chat, the more he raises, the bigger the pots are between us. Another good thing that's happening is the other players are calling us because I think they feel left out. Or perhaps it's because I 3-bet my buddy with K3o and bet every street and my buddy called me on the end with J9o.

But as I said earlier, we're headsup. He raises his SB and I reraise my most favorite hand and he caps. This is the stuff that I love and why I antagonize

FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

We cap the flop.

TURN: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

We cap the turn.

RIVER: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

We cap the river.

He shows 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I type, "nh fishie" and show A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Did I mention that it's my most favorite hand.

~stephen
Old 07-01-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: I love to antagonize

I wonder who this guy is? Does his name rhyme with Aaron and Daryn?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default is that what antagonizing does for you.....

when you stupidly try to back up your words???

i am too lazy to include his brilliant antangonization antics during these marvelous displays of poker, but all these hands are littered with him spewing garbage at all on the table.....

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop:
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> raises, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB 3-bets, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> caps, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, buckshot raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, buckshot caps, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, buckshot bets, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, buckshot bets, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
buckshot shows Qs Kd (one pair, sixes).
SB shows Ad 5h (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: SB wins 15 BB. </font>

or this....................

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> caps, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.66 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
buckshot bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button raises, buckshot 3-bets, MP1 calls, Button caps, buckshot calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.83 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
buckshot bets, MP1 calls, Button raises, buckshot 3-bets, MP1 folds, Button caps, buckshot calls.

River: (23.83 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
buckshot checks, Button bets, buckshot calls.

Final Pot: 25.83 BB

buckshot shows Ad Jc (one pair, kings).
Button shows 3c Kc (full house, kings full of threes).
Outcome: Button wins 25.83 BB. </font>

or this....................these are all almost consecutive hands too.....WELL PLAYED

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop:
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MPB folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 caps, MP3 calls, Button <font color="purple">(buckshot)</font> calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.66 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, buckshot raises, UTG folds, MP1 3-bets, MP3 calls, buckshot calls.

Turn: (13.33 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 bets, MP3 calls, buckshot calls.

River: (16.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 bets, MP3 folds, buckshot calls.

Final Pot: 18.33 BB

MP1 shows Kh Kd (two pair, kings and threes).
buckshot shows Qd Ad (one pair, threes).
Outcome: MP1 wins 18.33 BB. </font>
Old 07-01-2004, 03:21 PM

Default ROFL n/m

Ouch.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: ROFL n/m

Just the other day Buckshot put 7 big bets in on the turn and river against me drawing dead. After we showed down he called me a fish.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: is that what antagonizing does for you.....

Oh my.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: is that what antagonizing does for you.....

omg, u 4 so busted!!1
Old 07-01-2004, 04:29 PM

hmmmm...

wha?
Old 07-01-2004, 04:38 PM

Default this is a riot *n/m*

n/m
Old 07-01-2004, 05:35 PM

While antagonizing certain opponents may lead to some extra bets here and there for you, it's clear that you'd make much more by just learning how to play poker better. But it seems pretty clear that you're just playing poker to blow off steam and have some fun, nothing wrong w/ that. It's really a win/win situation for everyone, except for the times you drive the really fishy players away. But even then, you're still at the table, so how bad can it really be?