Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 04:54 AM

Default That KT vs 76s

It occurred to me that it was odd that I said that I would MUCH rather have 76d than KToffsuit in a multiway pot when the flop was K65 with one diamond. I don't know what I wrote, but I'm sure I meant to write that I would much prefer it if SOMEONE ELSE HAS BET. Does anyone disagree with that?
Old 07-01-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: That KT vs 76s

In an unraised pot, no. If you add the stipulation that all of the opponents only bet with top pair or better, then yes.

-Michael
Old 07-01-2004, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I'm sure I meant to write that I would much prefer it if SOMEONE ELSE HAS BET. Does anyone disagree with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I disagree with that. My reasons are essentially the same as in the other tread.

When somebody else has bet, the chances you are up aginast a stronger hand (KQ,KJ,66,55) have to be more seriously considered. But, when you've got 4 or 5 opponents, it's extremely likely that they are limping in with remarkably trashy hands including K4o.

Assuming there was no pre-flop raise (if there was, how come you're playing KTso or 76s?), it's very marginal to call even one bet with 76s drawing to a 6-outer at best including the backdoor draws. There's a chance you'll be folding your 76s on the flop and no chance you'll be seeing the river without improvement on the turn.

With KT, there's a good chance you're winning and don't need to improve at all. Holding a hand which should be winning on the flop a significant % of the time has to be better than a hand which will often be folded before the river.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:07 PM

I'm guessing you guys are probably talking limit here, but in an NL game, I'd fold either hand to any serious bet without really giving it much thought in either case.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:57 PM

After reading over a 100 replies to the original thread with no resolution, I sure would like to see Sklansky, Mason, Dynasty, Miller, Clark meister et.al come in here and resolve this thing.