Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 04:56 AM

Default Read Hands .5/1

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

River: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between UTG+1 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: UTG+1 (8.25 BB), Button (8.25 BB).</font>

What do you put the other 2 on? What is your play on this hand?
Old 06-27-2004, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Read Hands .5/1

More confused about your fold than what the other two had. At least one of them, prolly button, has a T, and possibly both do. If SB doesn't have a T then he has 2pr or Ax. Please explain your fold to me. I am very confused (although it is late and I've been drinking...)

-Jaran
Old 06-27-2004, 05:54 AM

I put button on a higher flush, I was multi so didn't see the one card straight.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:41 AM

Bet the flop for value and to improve the chance of your flush holding up if it hits on the turn and is best then.
I dont understand your turn coldcall...
Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put the other 2 on? What is your play on this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
How about the T? If I was the button, and I had a T, I'd play it the same way on the turn. I think his river raise is over aggressive (so maybe you can fold), but you should have 3-bet the turn.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop for value and to improve the chance of your flush holding up if it hits on the turn and is best then.
I dont understand your turn coldcall...

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn cold call was because I thought I was maybe the only one with the flush. When the button reraised again on the river I put him on a flush and well a higher one than mine. That's why I didn't want to call 2 cold again. Are you saying I should have folded on the turn?

What if I bet flop, bet turn, got raised, then reraised? Which seems likely given the action.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:50 PM

I would probably have 3bet the turn.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:40 PM

I put UTG+1 on either a bigger flush, an ace and a face card, or a 10. Maybe slowplayed AT. Button's got a 10 or a flush.

I check-raise the turn. I think if you're going to bother drawing at these baby flushes, you have to push them a little. If it's capped you can back off.

Tough spot to be in, but I think the high, coordinated board actually makes it more likely that you're being raised by a worse hand here. Straights and two pair
will raise and re-raise on this turn, at least in many cases.

NT