Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Default UB sit and go July promotion

From the internet forum.

JULY IS SITNGO MONTH AT ULTIMATEBET.COM

Ah, the beauty of the sitngo. You feel like playing in a tournament, but you don't feel like waiting. So you bip on over to the tournament side of the site, pick your seat and go, go, go! What could be better than that?

How about this?

Playing in all the sitngos your heart desires, and getting bonus dollars - for every one you play? Sound too good to be true? Child, nothing's too good to be true at UltimateBet.com.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Between July 1 and July 31, every time you play in any 6-handed or 10 handed sitngo tournament, you'll earn bonus dollars equivalent to 1/2 of your buy-in. A $5 sitngo earns 2.5 bonus bucks, a $50 sitngo earns 25 bonus bucks, and so on. Then, any time you like, you can roll those bonus bucks into greenbacks just by playing in any raked game from $.25-$.50 on up. (For the full skinny on how bonus dollars work, just click here.) Best of all, you can earn up to $800 bonus bucks each week during this period. All during July, the more you play, the more we play. It's as simple as that.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

During the month of July, we're determined to find and crown the King of All Sitngos. Simply be the one who spends the most buying in to 6-handed and 10-handed sitngos in July, and we'll give you an Aruba Prize Package, just as if you'd won an Aruba satellite tournament. Heck, we might even throw in a scepter and an ermine robe.

It might cross your mind that you'd love to be the King of All Sitngos, but if you go for it and come up short, you'll have nothing to show for your trouble. Would we do that to you? If you are the second highest... or the third... or the fourth... all the way up to the 301st big spender in 6-handed and 10-handed sitngos in July, we'll bip you into an Aruba freeroll (to be held August 8th at 4:15 p.m. ET), the winner of which gets an Aruba Prize Package, too.

SO LET'S RECAP

You love sitngos.
You play in a bunch in July.
You earn bonus bucks for every one you enter.
If you're King of All Sitngos, you go to Aruba.
If you're not-quite-King, you enter an Aruba freeroll on August 8th at 4:15 p.m. ET, and you might end up in Aruba just the same.
Hey, we're not saying it's all about Aruba - it's all about sitngos and Aruba! So make UltimateBet.com your sitngo paradise this July. You'll earn bonus dollars for sure, and you might just earn paradise for real.

* Keep track of your own sitngo play during the month of July. We'll be crediting your account with your bonus dollars earned the prior week every Monday during the month of July and we'll be announcing the Aruba winner, and will be inviting those who qualify for the freeroll via email by August 3rd but we won't be providing updates as the month goes along.
************************************************** ***********************************************
Old 06-27-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: UB sit and go July promotion

I was crunching the numbers on this last night.

It is a crazy amount of bonus dollars. Playing 200 $33 tourneys in July will earn the max which is $3200

That's all well and good and it even prompted me to download UB again.

I did a little more research however and have decided against it.

You still need to earn Ultimate points to clear the bonus dollars and this means a LOT of ring play.

I suspect that you could easily play the remainder of the year or longer clearing this bonus.

It's a brilliant plan for UB because it's essentially going to give them a lot of new long term players. If you like ring games, I say go for it. After all, it's going to just be like a big rake rebate and if you are going to be playing anyways, it might as well be for reduced rake.

As for me, Tempting as it is to pass on a free $1500 (I'd probably only get in 100sngs in July), I'd never see it anyways so I'm staying at Party and the skins.

Regards
Brad S
Old 06-27-2004, 10:06 PM

Does anybody have an estimate on how many hands at each limit it takes to work off $1?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:20 AM

From my latest bonus clearing I only played 2/4, but here is what happened. I founded two tables of 2/4 one day about 20 minutes apart, they each got to full table status within about 50 hands os starting them. I ended up playing each table for about 11 hours, earning 1900 ultimate points and playing 1700 hands total between the two tables.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody have an estimate on how many hands at each limit it takes to work off $1?

[/ QUOTE ]

on UB, alot!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:44 AM

What are the Sit 'n Go's like on UB? I know the structure, but what about the players, specifically at the $33 level?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:57 AM

ill crunch these numbers in the next day or two, but it does seem like the promotion is pretty poor in reality.

HOWEVER,

by word of mouth, plus these threads, the word will get out. ppl from all sites will go. i havent polayed at either, but i hear party has the easiest opponants, but UB has a better structure. im sure a few of the fishiest will go to UB.

i odnt see a mass migration, but now is the time that ring games will get there toes wet in sit and goes.

could be some qualitive if not direct quantitative advantage to going to UB in this period.

comments?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:21 PM

Is it worth it? I play about 20-40 $10 SNGs per day at Party. I read through all of UB's stuff and it was like it was a different language. I have no clue how long it will take to get the bonus out?? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:53 PM

Its not too bad to work off the bonus. You can play .25/.50 and do it although it would take awhile. If i recall, I earned about .5 ultimate points per raked hand i played at 1/2, even when u fold. So generally you earn 5 points an orbit, however the higher the pot, the more points, but i rarely saw more than 1 point per hand.

10 points = 1 bonus dollar.

So, if you earn 50 bonus dollars it would take 500 points, around 50 orbits to clear the bonus.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not too bad to work off the bonus. You can play .25/.50 and do it although it would take awhile. If i recall, I earned about .5 ultimate points per raked hand i played at 1/2, even when u fold. So generally you earn 5 points an orbit, however the higher the pot, the more points, but i rarely saw more than 1 point per hand.

10 points = 1 bonus dollar.

So, if you earn 50 bonus dollars it would take 500 points, around 50 orbits to clear the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

So by those numbers it would take 64,000 hands to work off $3200 playing 1/2. Count me out.