Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 07:48 PM

Default SNG: Nut Flush Draw, Shortstacked, All-in?

you're holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s on the flop with 900 in chips. blinds 100/200. would you push all-in?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: SNG: Nut Flush Draw, Shortstacked, All-in?

How many players weeing the flop, how many players left in tournament, stack sizes etc. absolutely crucial.

Without knowing that I would probably push if I thought my A gave me three good outs but hard to answer in a vacuum.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:04 PM

How many players left, what are the stacks of the other players (in hand and not), what was the action preflop, and what is your position, how many people in the pot, and how many chips in the pot?

Most of the time, if we're down to 4 or 5 players and there's 100/200 blinds, if I'm playing A9s, It's for an all in preflop. It's just not that great of a hand, and I'll be happy to take it down preflop.

Given none (and basically, without all) of the stuff asked in the first paragraph, I don't think anyone's going to be able to answer your question well.

If there's 6-7 people in the pot, and you think you either a) have a good chance to take the pot or
b) have a good chance that several players call your all in

It's a good all in I think

I don't think you're going to have 6-7 players in a pot at this point though. So er, yeah, we need that other info really.

citanul
Old 06-24-2004, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many players weeing the flop, how many players left in tournament, stack sizes etc. absolutely crucial.

Without knowing that I would probably push if I thought my A gave me three good outs but hard to answer in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 players left, 3 on the flop, 2 in the blinds and one limper. one larger stack and a medium.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:24 PM

How many players are left? What are their blind sizes? Can you give all the information about the hand? How much is in the pot already?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many players are left? What are their blind sizes? Can you give all the information about the hand? How much is in the pot already?

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^see above, i already answered.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:47 AM

600 in pot, 900 left, you are the short stack, there is a good chance you will pick it up if you push, if you are called and your ace is good you are getting correct odds from your caller anyways, so yeah push is good imo.

Regards ML
Old 06-25-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
600 in pot, 900 left, you are the short stack, there is a good chance you will pick it up if you push, if you are called and your ace is good you are getting correct odds from your caller anyways, so yeah push is good imo.

Regards ML

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my thinking. i pushed and did'nt get it. one of the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s on the flop happened to be a 4 and the guy who called had pockets 4s for trips. if the cards were dealt the same to the end with another diamond, i still would have lost because 6s got paired on the river giving him 4s over 6s full.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:40 AM

After reading all your posts in this thread, I still can't figure what was the exact situation. If you really want people to give you relevant advice, you should simply give, in your original post, ALL the information you can about the specific situation, including stacks, position, read, the action up to the point where you had to make your decision, etc, etc. There are many examples for this in this forum.

It will be much more efficient.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading all your posts in this thread, I still can't figure what was the exact situation. If you really want people to give you relevant advice, you should simply give, in your original post, ALL the information you can about the specific situation, including stacks, position, read, the action up to the point where you had to make your decision, etc, etc. There are many examples for this in this forum.

It will be much more efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently, you have not read all the posts. i've already posted how many people were left, who was in on the flop, who was in the blinds, the stack sizes, and a limper. i was the shortstack.