Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 05:54 AM

Default Did I Play This Hand Well? (1/2 NLHE)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed)

SB ($$198)
BB ($$45)
Ess Why Kay ($$69)
MP ($$112.95)
Button ($$98.40)

Preflop: Ess Why Kay is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Ess Why Kay raises to $8, MP calls $8, Button folds, SB calls $7, BB folds.

Flop: ($26) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Ess Why Kay bets $6, MP folds, SB raises to $12, Ess Why Kay calls $6.

Turn: ($50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Ess Why Kay bets $8, SB calls $8.

River: ($66) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets $84, Ess Why Kay calls $41 (All-In).

Final Pot: $191

Results in red below: <font color="red">

SB shows 4s 4h (two pair, jacks and fours).
Ess Why Kay shows Kh Qh (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Ess Why Kay wins $148. SB wins $43. </font>

How did I play this hand? I raised 8 dollars preflop while I was UTG, which means I have a pretty strong hand, which I did. I was getting cold cards for a while, so I decided I was going to play this in any position. After the flop, I only bet 6 dollars, which I believe SB picked up on so he raised me 12. That was my initial gut instinct and I was pretty sure then he didn't hit anything on the flop. On the turn I hit an out and decided to bet again. This time he only called, which made me think he still hadn't hit but could have a draw or a small pair in the hole. On the river when that second Jack came he put me all in. I thought for a little while, and decided he was trying to steal the pot, so I called him thinking I had the best hand. He ended up having 44. Did I play this hand well or should I have let it go at some point? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Did I Play This Hand Well? (1/2 NLHE)

You should post this in the NL/PL Poker forum and you'll get more responses.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall