Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 AM

Default There have been tons of threads on this

Why do people insist on using this answer to respond to a post? Haha..Is it really worth your time to answer someone by saying.."Hey, we talked about this before, so umm..go look it up."
Old 06-21-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: There have been tons of threads on this

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people insist on using this answer to respond to a post? Haha..Is it really worth your time to answer someone by saying.."Hey, we talked about this before, so umm..go look it up."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely not worth my time, but it is certainly worth the time of the person who asked the question. So I let them know.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has already been discussed please use your search.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:12 PM

I think if you search the archives your question has been answered before.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:05 PM

In my opinion, this is a proper respone to someone who comes to this forum and asks a common question.

Back in the day, it was common for forums (newsgroups for us old-timers) to have lists of Frequently Asked Questions that you were expected to read before you started posting in the newsgroup.

The reason one would be expected to read the FAQ was that the newsgroup is a volunteer effort of like-minded individuals giving their time and experience to help others. Someone coming into the community and asking questions that have been asked and answered a number of times, drains the efforts of those who are giving their time to the community.

In web-based communities such as 2+2, there is a search engine that not only allows you to see frequently asked quesitons, but to see all questions. There's an excellent chance that a poster's question has already been answered.

Expecting people to have looked around for the answer on their own a bit is simply a matter of etiquette and preservation of resources.

Regards,

T
Old 06-21-2004, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, this is a proper respone to someone who comes to this forum and asks a common question.

Back in the day, it was common for forums (newsgroups for us old-timers) to have lists of Frequently Asked Questions that you were expected to read before you started posting in the newsgroup.

The reason one would be expected to read the FAQ was that the newsgroup is a volunteer effort of like-minded individuals giving their time and experience to help others. Someone coming into the community and asking questions that have been asked and answered a number of times, drains the efforts of those who are giving their time to the community.

In web-based communities such as 2+2, there is a search engine that not only allows you to see frequently asked quesitons, but to see all questions. There's an excellent chance that a poster's question has already been answered.

Expecting people to have looked around for the answer on their own a bit is simply a matter of etiquette and preservation of resources.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehhh... What he said.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:37 PM

I was certain I knew the answer to this question already..All I needed to do was search the site! Haha, I understand what your saying about redundant questions, but replying with "search the site" is probably just as ignorant as asking "so how should I play AK?"