Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Just to punish myself for playing terrible...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Guido checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Guido calls, CO calls.

River: (7.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Guido calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 19.66 BB
Old 06-19-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Just to punish myself for playing terrible...

Well, bet the turn or atleast check-raise it if you checked becuase you thought one of them would take a stab at it.

I have Button on AJ (JJ if he suck more) and CO on QT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Close?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:47 AM

I wanted to check-raise but for some reason I didn't. I hate myself. Button had AJ and CO had QTo as espected. I really have to start playing better...

Guido
Old 06-19-2004, 08:14 AM

Good thinking on the turn but no follow through. With all those flop calls, someone has an ace and will likely bet the turn allowing you to get a bunch of money in with the best hand and make the turkeys pay a premium to hit their straight draws.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2004, 09:52 AM

Default You think that was bad....

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Before the cards were dealt, I had clicked "sit out" so this would be the last hand of a brutal session in which I had lost approx. 20BB (which followed a prior -15BB earlier today). I had already had my fill of suckouts and expensive, nut drawing hands which didn't pan out, and I was planning to go to bed. I also knew I was playing less than best, as a few orbits back I had failed to bet my pocket pair of aces on the river into two fish when the board paired on a fairly drawless board. For the following hand, I have no read on the BB, who is fairly new to the table.

Preflop: chesspain is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333"> chesspain raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333"> chesspain bets</font>, MP1 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, chesspain checks. <font color="blue">In my tilty state of mind, I decide I don't feel like dealing with a possible checkraise. I'll just check here and play bluff catcher on the river. </font>

River: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, chesspain calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.25 BB, between BB and chesspain.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (6.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 5d 2c (two pair, fives and twos).
chesspain shows Kc Ad (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 6.25 BB. </font>