Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 09:15 AM

Default I know what you got

10/20 B&M holdem game:

I raise UTG with AA, UTG2 3-bets (a SURE premium hand), MP1, MP2, and MP3 call (each could have KJ but not 66!!??), button calls, BB calls, and I call hehehe. 7 players take 3-bets before the flop which is rare for this game.

Flop is Q75-2flush. BB checks, I bet, UTG2 raises (but is not real happy about it), all three MPs call (nice pun, eh?), button and BB fold, and I call hehehe. 5 take the turn.

Turn is J. I bet, UTG2 raises (but really doesn't like it), the MPs all call and they don't like it either, and its up to me... after a 3 second eternity I make the "spectacular" 3-bet and they all call and UTG2 says to me "Aces, eh?".

River is a perfect 5 pairing the board and missing the flush. I bet, UTG2 calls and all 3 MPs call, the last after about 10 seconds.

Displaying a lot more confidence then I felt I turned over my Aces and put the $1 toke on them. After 10 seconds of mumblings and grumblings and a couple complimentary "Oooooo"s, everybody else folds.

Yes, I figured the MPs are unlikely to have made much with the flop and must have had a Q or a flush draw; but as it turns out they all must have had a Q. Goes to show you the dangers of jumping raises with trouble hands like that.

PS. The mistake I made was trying to narrow the field by betting into UTG2 twice since if I was right about UTG2 and the MPs, they were collectively drawing to maybe 3 cards altogether and could EASILY have been drawing to the single K left in the deck. Why would I want anybody to fold? Anyway, it worked out pretty well.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: I know what you got

Is this an example of the stop and go everyone has been talking about? Is it done properly here?