Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 01:41 AM

Default Dominated the $10 SNGs in the past, now I am being dominated

I have no idea what is going on, but I used to be ITM ~50% in the $10 SNGs on Party Poker. That's a sample size of about 3 months of playing. Over the past three weeks however, I have lost $120 playing the $10 SNGs. On top of this, out of about 50 SNGs over the past 3 weeks I have gotten 1st once, that's right one time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I haven't changed my play at all. There has been a number of bad beats, but it just seems like it is a major struggle when we get down to 4 people. If I'm able to stay alive and make it into the money, I am usually fairly short stacked. Is there any way that this is just a bad run or do I need to look into changing my game?
Old 06-18-2004, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Dominated the $10 SNGs in the past, now I am being dominated

Take a day off for a start to regroup. I don't know for sure but it sounds like you're not picking up enough blinds when it gets down to 5 or 6 handed. You obviously have hit less than your fair share of cards over the last 3 weeks, which does happen. Just try to refocus. In my opinion the worst thing a player can do is try to play for third. I'd rather back a maniac than a player that throws away a hand with half their stack in the blind. Which unbelievably I've seen a lot of.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:14 AM

Default ATLBRVS4LIFE....

Why don't you jump in our 100 sit and go challenge. It's in this forum. It could be you just aren't focused. Maybe starting with a quest like this, and competing against others would help you play more focused, because you would be trying to accomplish something by the end of 100 sit and goes. Having a goal may bring your "A" game back. Check out the 100 Sit and Go Challenge post and see what you think. I think it may make it less of a grind for you, and you may win more if you're having fun.