Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 08:40 PM

Default 2222 deep slowplay

Both of my opponents were aggressive, but non-crazy. Was I correct to play it this way?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Nate is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Nate calls,

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Nate checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Nate calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Nate calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Nate checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Nate calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nate raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nate caps</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.50 BB, between SB and Nate.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Nate (23.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ad Ac (two pair, aces and twos).
Nate shows 2s 2c (four of a kind, twos).
Outcome: Nate wins 23.50 BB. </font>
Old 06-14-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 2222 deep slowplay

i think i would of bet more - i find it more tempting to slowplay with multiple opponents so maybe not

i like betting out on the flop as it makes your subsequent betting look less suspicious - as it was maybe 3 betting the flop - Q's and flush draws will pay anything on the flop and turn

i think slowplaying here may be over emphasising the strength of your hand - ie because you have a monster you feel the need to slowplay - its best to have an image of super aggro when dealt this hand because then you can bet freely - given your a rock now perhaps this was a decent line

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-14-2004, 10:13 PM

Default Re: 2222 deep slowplay

I agree with that...maybe bet the flop and check-raise the turn against aggro opponents? Still looks like you got a lot of mileage out of this hand.
-Andy