Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2004, 08:06 AM

Default Game 7 tonight

Seeing as the series has the lowest ratings in history or something, I figured I'd remind you guys of something you don't care about:

Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals is tonight. It's the oldest trophy in sports, up for grabs in the deciding game of what has been an excellent series between two teams who clearly don't like one another.

I'm sure the NBA seems more exciting to you all, but why not give this a try? I mean, if you don't like it, you can always go back over to Everyone Loves Raymond, American Abjection, or maybe Friends, who will teach us all how to live and love and laugh again.

Sorry. Got sidetracked. Watch the NHL tonight. Be smart.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Game 7 tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Watch the NHL tonight

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't realize there was a National Holdem League. Thanks for the heads up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM

After the mockery that is "Know Goal?" on game 6, this league deserves to collapse.

good job, bettman.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 AM

On the CBC broadcast Harry Neale mentioned that the video review team upstairs (during the next stoppage) saw that it might have been a goal, but there was no conclusive evidence to rule it a goal definitively. Sounds like more of the NHL’s usual horseshit.

Should be one hell of a game 7. As if there was ever a Game 7 that wasn’t.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Where is Vincent?

Lecavalier has no goals and 2 assists in his last 7 games.

Stanley Cup Finals. Game 7. There's nothing better in the entire world.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:52 AM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy

[ QUOTE ]

Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals is tonight. It's the oldest trophy in sports, up for grabs in the deciding game of what has been an excellent series between two teams who clearly don't like one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

The America's Cup for sailing is the oldest trophy in sports; Stanley Cup is the oldest trophy in team sports.

Of course, sailing is a team sport, so I don't know how this has been determined.

The point is: as Rushmore stated, you guys are missing out on something pretty exciting. Put some money on an overtime game and see how it goes. Its a white knuckler, very exciting.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the mockery that is "Know Goal?" on game 6, this league deserves to collapse

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it was inconclusive was because the puck could very well have been rolling, and on its side, as opposed to laying flat on the ice, across the line.

One might have also made the argument that the puck was essentially kicked in, as well.

Anyway, watch the damned game and stop complaining, you all bunch of complaining complainers.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:00 PM

[whine]The NHLs argument was that the puck was in the air and this the visible white ice was actually below the puck, not between the puck and the red line.

What a bunch of Commies.[/whine]
Old 06-07-2004, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the mockery that is "Know Goal?" on game 6, this league deserves to collapse

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason it was inconclusive was because the puck could very well have been rolling, and on its side, as opposed to laying flat on the ice, across the line.

One might have also made the argument that the puck was essentially kicked in, as well.

Anyway, watch the damned game and stop complaining, you all bunch of complaining complainers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that you are from Tampa. Let me tip my hand to you a little more: I want Chuk to raise the cup. I am just disgusted with the league, with how it is operated, and how they try to fix things. The league is a conspiracy theorists wet dream.

And I would have dismissed the goal as a kick. The player followed the puck with his eyes and turned to stop to make perfect contact. It was not a direct kicking motion and I am in support of a rule change for redirection with skates, I still think the non call, non stopage of play, the non review of a questionable call was horse crap.

Wait, we are talking about last night, right?
Old 06-07-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Involuntary smile

Stanley Cup Finals, Game 7.

As kids, we used to make mix tapes of the music that they played in Maple Leaf Gardens, we used to tape numbers to the backs of our jerseys, and we used to draw the lines in chalk on the cement just to be in the game. We'd tap the goalie on the pads like the Leafs, we'd play a tape of the national anthem like the Gardens. We'd have commercial breaks (code for "water break") and we'd dream it a million times.

Stanley Cup Finals, Game 7, Overtime.

One shot makes you either the goat of all goats if that was your missed coverage, or fulfills the lifelong dream of every kid who ever played ball hockey with his buddies in the backyard.

I can't tell you how many times I've scored that goal - and lifted the Cup - in my head.