Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Euro SNG results

Ok no results from me but wanted to raise a couple of questions.

First the hand Heyrocker got a double up with off Kurn with A2s vs AK. I'm not sure I like it, I think the chance that the money was going in as a big dog was too high. Desperate perhaps but I'm unconvinced it was that desperate yet. In lateish position too, IMO there would be a better spot and the chance to be first in.

Second the hand I crapped out on. I was 2nd in chips at the time behind a non 2+2 big chip leader. He liked to massively overbet the pot with an allin, he did this a lot pre and post flop. In the hand I open raise just under 600 in MP with queens, he cold calls on the button. Flop is 984 with 2 spades. I bet 1000 into the 1600 ish pot, leaving me 3k back. He goes all in. I think for a bit about folding but decide to call. He had aces and I die to the chip leader when I was in a good position. Comments?
Old 05-25-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Euro SNG results

First the hand Heyrocker got a double up with off Kurn with A2s vs AK. I'm not sure I like it

I was surprised he didn't have a pair. There's no way he can think I'm folding even if my original raise was a pure steal, since I was getting about 5-1 when the action got back to me.

A2 was very powerful this afternoon.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised he didn't have a pair. There's no way he can think I'm folding even if my original raise was a pure steal, since I was getting about 5-1 when the action got back to me.

A2 was very powerful this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I wasn't keen on it. At best you had 2 random cards between A and 2 and the A2s was a marginal favourite, but the dominated situation was rather likely IMO and this hand was definitely going to a showdown as the allin barely covered your original raise.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:20 PM

I didn't grab a hand history here, so this may be inexact. However I was down to around 650, and the blinds were I believe 75/150, possibly 100/200. I was one or two off the button with seven or eight left. So the blinds are coming in not so long. I have A2s, easily the best hand I've seen in a great while. Folded to Kurn who raises to somewhere in the neighborhood of 600. Now I know Kurn is a good agressive player well aware of the gap concept, so there's a decent possibility he could have two face cards, highish suited connectors, etc. Against anything but Ax and a pocket pair, I'm a 60/40 shot. I need to double up, and I need to do it before the blinds come around again because after that doubling up won't be enough anymore. I dunno, seemed like a no-brainer to me. I'm sure there was also some of the "WOW AN ACE, LETS GO!" happening there too, since my cards were so brutally bad.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:33 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on the hand I lost on ? Should I get away from that against the chip leader ? I was really annoyed, my finishes in these SNGs have been crap and was feeling good to finally win one.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 AM

I'd have been hard pressed to not bust out on that hand.