Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 12:46 AM

Default I\'ve never bluffed a whole table before.

Ok I have, but not like this in a long time. I try not to get "out of line"

I was playing 8/16 up at canterbury last thursday and I had a hand that pleased me more then any other because I had a feel for the players and the situation, that I was able to steal a pot. I haven't played much live and i multi table online so I don't get the clearest of reads...

Anyhow, onto the hand. The table came together about 45 minutes previous to this hand, and I'd been playing tight aggressive poker and have won a couple nice pots but mostly folding.

A Loose aggressive asian guy opens UTG and gets cold called in 5 spots, I call on my BB with black 3's.

I really wish I remembered the flop, but it was something like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Turn the 8 of hearts, checked to this goofy guy in the CO who says "oh I gotta check to make sure I have a heart"...looks at his hand, confirms to himself that he does in fact have one so he says I gotta bet it.

Button folds, and I check raise the entire field and everyone folds.

Man did I feel great mucking my cards.

I would have almost never been able to do this online. I just knew the other players didn't have anything either because they were all aggressive enough to bet the flop let alone the turn. All it came down to is if I believed this guy, and I was about 75% sure he wouldn't call me even if he did in fact have something like a T or a J of hearts.

/rubs ego
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure everyone has hands like this from time to time...and damn they feel good but then again I know somebody like astroglide is going to say "yeah I make plays like that all the time...that's pretty standard." To that I say "but maybe I just suck at poker." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: I\'ve never bluffed a whole table before.

I make plays like that all the time. It's a pretty standard play.