Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2004, 11:09 PM

Default QQ: Falling in love with the ladies - turning into a calling station.

I was pretty sure I was beat when he called the flop, but should I have pushed harder or just folded and moved on?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.16 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (6.16 BB).</font>

Incredibly Obvious Results in white below: <font color="white">
He had the A.
Hero shows Qs Qd (two pair, queens and sixes).
MP3 shows Ad Qc (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: MP3 wins 6.16 BB. </font>
Old 05-16-2004, 11:49 PM

Default Shameless bump N/M

N/M
Old 05-17-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Re: QQ: Falling in love with the ladies - turning into a calling station.

I would have bet the turn and then check and fold from there.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Re: QQ: Falling in love with the ladies - turning into a calling station.

Unless your read on MP3 is something out of the ordinary I think that when you're called on the flop you have to pack it in if you don't hit your set on the turn. Those low limit party players loooooooove to coldcall with an ace.

Bummer,
J
Old 05-17-2004, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless your read on MP3 is something out of the ordinary I think that when you're called on the flop you have to pack it in if you don't hit your set on the turn. Those low limit party players loooooooove to coldcall with an ace.

Bummer,
J

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving your opponents WAAAAAY too much credit. There are about a thousand hands a party poker player can call with on this flop that hero is beating.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:32 AM

bet. bet. check and call, or check and fold.
and fold if your raised on the flop or turn. IMO
Old 05-17-2004, 02:27 AM

Normally I would agree that the flop call doesn't necessarily mean the ace. There are many bad players who flop middle pair or bottom pair and try to draw to their 5 outs. So when the middle card hits again on the turn, that's a very bad thing. I probably would have bet the turn anyway, but I think with the A and the 6, it's OK to check/fold.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless your read on MP3 is something out of the ordinary I think that when you're called on the flop you have to pack it in if you don't hit your set on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I've been playing 6-max too much lately, but this seems much too weak against the average 3/6 full player I remember. Especially on a board with a possible flushdraw and (less likely) possible straight draw.

I like bet, bet (immediately consult pokertracker while waiting for river card), check (fold or call on the basis of pokertracker).

scrub
Old 05-17-2004, 04:49 PM

No PT data on the nemesis in this hand.