Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2004, 12:21 PM

Default ok to limp then fold this pf?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB bets $3.24 (All-In)</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.
Usually when someones 2 bets from the blinds it means a pretty good hand,but also the sb might be just messing as he has not much money left,good or bad fold?
Flop: (13.96 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.48 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (11.48 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.48 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.98 BB, between Button, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (6.98 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 6.50 BB, between Button and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (6.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Js Ad (one pair, jacks).
BB shows Qs Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Button shows 6h Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 13.48 BB. </font>
Old 05-15-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: ok to limp then fold this pf?

Consider raising preflop.

After that... If BB plays like me he can reraise with a wide range of holdings to attempt to isolate the sb who appears to be racking off, with probably a sup-par holding.

I dont think i'd fold. If I was feeling reaaaaaaaaaly crazy and had the proper reads I might cap. But you can probably count on the other guys to come in behind if you just call, even for 2 more bets. You're getting like 6:1 if they both call.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:43 PM

I'de play it the same. I think it's too tough to raise with 99 UTG and believe the limp is the better option. I save UTG raises for pocket pairs 1010+.

After a flop of two overs, it doesn't look good for your hand at all. Easy check/fold.

Haupt_234
Old 05-15-2004, 01:49 PM

I think it's too tough to raise with 99 UTG and believe the limp is the better option

Look at the table - an UTG limp and only 2 others came in behind him. Sounds like a raise has a good chance of limiting this field. Would you rather have 99 out of position in a 3 or 4 way pot, or possibly get it heads-up with position versus one of the blinds?
Old 05-15-2004, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think i'd fold. If I was feeling reaaaaaaaaaly crazy and had the proper reads I might cap

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost wonder if capping is better than calling. You have position on the raisers, and you're getting pretty much the same action whether it be for 3 Sb or 4 SB. Though by putting in the fourth bet you gain all sorts of value esp against passive players... dare I say a free card? I kinda think I'd rather be in this pot for four bets with the lead on betting+position than limping twice preflop...
Old 05-15-2004, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the table - an UTG limp and only 2 others came in behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was this instance but the poster did not specify the table and I assume it was typical. In a typical table, there will be more limpers.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you rather have 99 out of position in a 3 or 4 way pot

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather raise 99 UTG knowing I could get it heads up. Since this can usually never be possible, I would limp and play it like a drawing hand.

Haupt_234
Old 05-15-2004, 02:07 PM

It's definitely raise or fold here and I like the fold. You are definitely going to be seeing this flop against at least two other opponents (SB and BB) but at 2/4 will probably get 3 or 4 with a hand that is very vunerable to overcards. I'd don't like investing 4sb pf when you likely have to make a set to win. Good Fold.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:25 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Im seeing the flop on this one. If you hit your set, overpairs will pay you off nicely. Beware of a A, K, or Q on the flop. Youll find out on the turn if you're possibly up against an overset.

Sometimes i limp here, sometimes i raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 9.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB raises, BB 3-bets, Hero folds,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about all the HH we really need. Postflop doesnt matter.

b