Old 05-15-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Link to Berg video

View at your own risk. Very graphic. Berg Beheading
Old 05-15-2004, 12:04 PM

Default have some respect & don\'t do it n/m

x
Old 05-15-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Link to Berg video

Thank you jim. Perhaps now the people who realise the prison photos are not more heinous or equally as heinous.
Don.t be surprised. You will find many apologist for the murderers here. This does not show the US in a bad light
therefore you will hear many complain it was the US s fault some how.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:24 PM

[Disclaimer: I was shown that video at work and deeply regret that I didn't leave the room despite the inevitable repercussions.]

First of all, it's a sad, sad testament to the state of American sensationalism when people want to watch something like this. If there was a video depicting Nazi prisoners being gassed, would you want to see that too? How about a video of an American soldier being sexually tortured because he refused to reveal the location of his unit?

[ QUOTE ]
This does not show the US in a bad light

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you're correct. Those people did that because they're happy with US foreign policy.

Have some respect for the individual and his family who are the victims of that tragic and unnecessary occurrence. If you want to stand a watch a guy about to jump off a building (also pretty pathetic to my mind) that's one thing - he made a decision to make a spectacle of his life. This is another matter entirely. The victim in this matter presumably had his life taken from him involuntarily. In sharing in this tragedy, you are willingly choosing to allow a group of terrorists affect your life. (And if you're able to claim that something like that doesn't affect you, God help you.) Someone wanted to make a public statement to affect US sentiment and policy, and you're helping the cause. Interesting decision.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: have some respect & don\'t do it n/m

One thing at least we agree on; I have zero desire to watch it and cannot see any point in so doing. In fact the mere thought of watching it evokes a revulsion.

The killers are sick bastards. Too bad the rest of the human race has to share the planet with such people.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:38 PM

People can choose whether or not to watch this.

[ QUOTE ]
In sharing in this tragedy, you are willingly choosing to allow a group of terrorists affect your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you like it or willingly allow it terrorists impact your every day life. We are lucky that our every day lives are sheltered by much of these types of things.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:48 PM

What impact did this have on our sentiment and policy? What impact did the terrorists expect it to have. Did my watching the video meet the terrorist objectives? Who gives you the authority to decide what I should watch or want to watch?
Old 05-16-2004, 12:47 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
The killers are sick bastards. Too bad the rest of the human race has to share the planet with such people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yknow what's kinda ironic is they would probably say the same thing about a video/other media of our guys sodomizing their captured people.

Who knows what we've done to some of their 'innocents' over there. We're not exactly lilly white in all this either.

The video is tough to watch though.

b
Old 05-16-2004, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The killers are sick bastards. Too bad the rest of the human race has to share the planet with such people.[ QUOTE ]

Yknow what's kinda ironic is they would probably say the same thing about a video/other media of our guys sodomizing their captured people.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If certain US soldiers sodomized a captured prisoner, then those particular soldiers are sick bastards too. My point still stands.

It's too bad that the reasonably nice and decent people of the world have to share the world with depraved killers, with tyrants large and small, with those who greatly abuse power, with sadistic prison guards even (or especially) in the United States prison system, etc., etc., etc.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:41 AM

It's called being human. I've always found the label "inhuman" most inappropriate, since it's generally used to describe almost exclusively human behavior - animal races not being prone to genocidial or mass murdering urges for the most part. (No, nobody used the word 'inhuman' in this thread - it was just a random observation.)