Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Checkup Last 10K hands

I think I have learned much from posting here and have made substantial improvements in my play. Here are a few PT stats from my last 10K hands.

VP$IP 14.78%
Went to SD 34%
W$@SD 52.65%
RaisePF 7.33%
Agression rating 1.82
BB/100 hands 2.49

The numer that struck me was my VP$IP. Doesn't this seem low? Also, is my SD win % too low?

Thanks,
PokerBob
Old 05-14-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Checkup Last 10K hands

The VPIP does seem a bit tight, especially if you're primarily playing 2/4 and lower. WHERE you can loosen up is a different topic.

Your showdown percentage is fine if you're going to the showdown with decent hands. There are probably a couple of leaks you can plug. However, if you're betting the river and winning more than 50% of the time, particularly when you're getting multi-way action, you're doing fine.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:12 AM

I don't have it in front of me right now but I think my win SD% is somewhere in the high 50's but I don't think that's a big enough difference over 10k hands to really be worth mentioning. Long-term I think it should be higher than this so if it does stay down here then you might be calling down too often.

Your VP$IP shows that you're tight, which is a good thing, although you could probably afford to play some more hands depending on the type of game that you're in. This is also something that I think I need to do. In 2/4 and 3/6 my VP$IP is only around 14% but I realize that there are hands I'm folding preflop that could be played profitably in the right situations and I'm trying to loosen up a little. At .5/1 my VP$IP is around 23% because I know I can see the flop for one bet with multiple callers that will pay me off. The games at 2/4 aren't quite as good but I think a VP$IP of around 18% might be good at these levels. I'd be interested to hear how loose/tight other posters are at different limits.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:40 AM

I actually used to play looser. May overall VP$IP is 17.6 for 25,000 hands, but over that span my BB/100 is only 1.35. I fiugred I was too loose, so I have tightened up. I think my biggest problem is that I hang on to losers too long.
The majority of my hands were played at 1/2, with some 2/4 and an occasional .5/1 (2+2 table).
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 AM

You seem to be a little tight in the VP$IP department. My number is around 27% which probably makes me too loose, but I've been working hard on my postflop game to compensate. You're W$SD looks just fine to me.