Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Stat comparison by site

I was looking at the stat discussion on the "help rate my game" post and starting looking at my numbers at 2/4. There is some variation by site and I was wondering what numbers other folks have.

I only bought Poker Tracker 3 months ago, so I don't really have a significant number of hands in yet, but these are the variations.

Limit 2/4

Party....V$IP 20.44 ....V$SB 54.26 ........PFR 5.92

Paradise..V$IP 17.19.....V$SB 44.39 ........PFR 5.42

Stars.....V$IP 17.38 .....V$SB 37.08 ...... PFR 7.67

UB........V$IP 17.49 ......V$SB 45.48 ......PFR 7.39

This data is from a rather small sample of hands since I haven’t been tracking very long, but I do think that they reflect the varying degree of looseness that I encounter from site to site. I am curious to see if someone with a larger sample size has similar results.

I’m concerned a bit about how much I complete from the SB. In the very loose games, it seems like I’m getting correct pot odds to see the flop with a large variety of hands, but perhaps I’m taking this idea too far. In the extreme case which sometimes occurs on Party, I might be getting 13- 1 or 15-1 on my call and it seems correct to come in with almost anything. V$SB is a stat that I haven’t seen posted a lot, and I’d be very interested in what other people are getting, particularly how it varies depending on the texture of the game that they play in.

I know that the PFR number is low in all cases; it’s something that I’m working on and has started to improve. It’s interesting that it’s actually larger in the tighter games; I feel more comfortable raising when I know that it may thin the field. I think that I’m more reluctant to raise for value even when I should in a loose passive game because it never gets anyone out. How does this number vary for other people according to how loose/passive or weak/tight the game is?

Thanks,

Shauna