Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2004, 04:56 AM

Default So much for Season 2, huh?

Where the hell are the new episodes? I mean "ladies night" was thrilling and all, but I want to see something, um, new?

I've read about some delays relating to advertising of online casions. Is that real or imagined? And how freakin' long does it take to expunge a few ads from a show?

eastbay
Old 05-06-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Re: So much for Season 2, huh?

I totally agree. I mean it is not like the show was so huge that people will watch all the reruns over and over. It isn't Seinfeld.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell are the new episodes? I mean "ladies night" was thrilling and all, but I want to see something, um, new?

I've read about some delays relating to advertising of online casions. Is that real or imagined? And how freakin' long does it take to expunge a few ads from a show?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

They ran a repeat this week b/c May is prime ratings month and they wanted to make you watch a repeat this week to pump up the new shows upcoming. Very smart marketing strategy.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been several threads here about this, and that is apparently the problem. And it involves more than just editing out a few ads. I just read that next week's new show from Aruba had to have a ton of graphics work done. Among other things, the name of the tournament sponsor, UltimateBet.com, was printed on the middle of the table and had to be digitally altered every time it appeared on camera.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:37 PM

agreed, but the ladies night rerun does offer us the opportunity to rank which of the players we'd most like to get "all-in" with... for me, it's Jennifer-a, Evelyn-f, Clonie-p, in that order, but Shana-a,f,or p over all of them [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2004, 02:28 PM

New episode next week guys. Hang in there. I'm just as frustrated by the continued reruns every week.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:45 AM

Should be mostly new ones for a few weeks, I am more anxious for WPT Bad Boys of Poker show, I was at the taping and hopefully get some face time.

8)

Shana is very nice in person too, I met her...

M&V do their play by play during the game in a whisper, we can't hear them at all... so I can't wait to see what they have to say, there were some wild hands.

Also, the end with the beer, there were 4 takes, pretty funny event, we had a blast, great to get the behind the scenes scoop!

-Bri
Old 05-11-2004, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed, but the ladies night rerun does offer us the opportunity to rank which of the players we'd most like to get "all-in" with... for me, it's Jennifer-a, Evelyn-f, Clonie-p, in that order, but Shana-a,f,or p over all of them [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would switch Clonie and Evelyn...but that's just me.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:38 AM

Calm down. Tomorrow night's a new one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]