Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 08:44 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default EURO - NORTH AMERICA CHALLENGE: EXTRA PRIZES AND BOUNTIES !!!

As the fish keep insisting in donating their hardly earned money, I am (again) in the position of offering a small extra prize and some bounties to the participants of the Euro - N.A. challenge that will take place at Poker Stars, Saturday, May 8th at 14:00 ET.

Remember that all team registrations must happen at the One-table Forum. The same applies for participation to this " Create your own Crew " event. Only posts in this thread will be accepted

Anyway, I think most of you enjoyed what we did at the last Kotz tourney and this is going to be something similar, just a bit better [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This time however you can only participate if you actually play in saturday's tournament.

So get a babysitter, send your wife to visit her parents, hire a gardener, do whatever it takes, but PLAY THIS SATURDAY

This is a tournament open to ALL 2+2ers, the only thing you have to do is to choose size and kick some A** [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WHAT TO DO ?

- Register both at Stars under TOURNEY/PRIVATE password Colony and at the one-table forum (where you choose the continent you want to represent) HERE

- Create your own Crew. Select 4 players you believe will do well and post their names in this thread.
-You can choose any players you like, yourself, me, players from the "enemy" team, you decide, but as all participants have not registered yet, I suggest you wait as long as you can before you post your Crew.
A list of participants will be posted Tuesday, May 4th and updated every day until a few hours before the tournament starts. You are welcome to "take a chance" and choose players that are not yet registered, but I would apreciate that you only post once, so pick carefully. Changes of Crew members will be accepted, but let's try to keep my work to the minimum and not abuse this option.

HOW DOES IT WORKS ?

- The player winning the tournament will be awarded 10 points
- Number 2 will be awarded 8 points
- Number 3 will be awarded 7 points
- number 4 will be awarded 6 points
- number 5 will be awarded 5 points
- number 6 thru 9 (the rest of the final table) will be awarded 3 points
- the player finishing in the BUBLE will be awarded 4 points
- The player being the CHIP LEADER at any break before the final table will be awarded 2 points
- as a consolatin for "bad beats", the 2 first players to bust out will be awarded 2 points each

We then add all the points the players from your Crew have obtained and we find 3 winners

- First price pays 50$
- Second price pays 30$
- Third price pays 20$

IS THAT ALL ?

NO, there are a couple of BOUNTIES and EXTRA POINTS you can earn.

These will be posted Friday evening, when I know who will be playing, so keep an eye on this thread.

As a special apetizer, the first 10$ Bounty will be placed on DrPhysic's head. As an extra, if the Doc is busted while STEALING the blinds, the bountie will be doubled. In other words, if The Doc is in the button or the CO, it is folded to him, he raises and busts out showíng ANY pocket cards other than AX, 2 high cards (TENS or higher) or a pair, he's caught STEALING [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and now the part with the small prints :

There are no small prints this time. All prices will be paid. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Remember, the only thing you have to do is to decide which TEAM you will be playing for, choose 4 players and post their names here. And Keep an eye on this thread, the bounties are comming...

Let's turn this Challenge into a succes, come and join us and win the right to brag about your continent.

Good luck to all of you.

William

Old 05-03-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Re: EURO - NORTH AMERICA CHALLENGE: EXTRA PRICES AND BOUNTIES !!!

Very nice William. It really is generous of you to provide extra money and rooting interest in these events.

And as a complete non-sequiter, I am hereby challenging you to a $10 last-longer bet. My effort to help you make up for your expenses. Plus maybe it will keep me from going all-in against you with 66. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Doug
Old 05-03-2004, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice William. It really is generous of you to provide extra money and rooting interest in these events.

And as a complete non-sequiter, I am hereby challenging you to a $10 last-longer bet. My effort to help you make up for your expenses. Plus maybe it will keep me from going all-in against you with 66. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Doug, you're on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 AM

Fantastic gesture again William. Allow me to be the first entrant.

I'm going for a all-European team as I can't bring myself to bet on 'the Enemy'

Based on some painful arse-kickings in the 2+2 games I go for:

William (MobyDick)
TylerD (TheStrength)
PrayingMantis (HelmetSky)
Stoneii (Stone_Eyes)

I await the double delight of a victory for Team Europe and the prize money that this selection will bring.

Sheriff
Old 05-04-2004, 07:01 AM

Default Re: EURO - NORTH AMERICA CHALLENGE: EXTRA PRIZES AND BOUNTIES !!!

Superb William - Thank You - I have all but picked my 4 but will take your advice and post nearer the time in case any can't make it - have to say it's hard to look past the Euro/Icelandic team [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM

Hey!

Iceland is just as much a part of Europe as anywhere else...that is erm in europe...

Just cos they aren't in the stupid EU just shows they are not corrupt technocrats out to grab all of England and Germany's money for farming subsidies (See my HiJackers post for who I might be aiming this at [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Tim
Old 05-04-2004, 08:40 AM

Woohoo!

This is just like fantasy football (thats soccer in pidgin-englsh for out opponents)

I am going to wait for sklanksy and malmuth to formally sign up before I select my team.

They are playing right?

Old 05-04-2004, 09:14 AM

I think Iceland is part of Europe, just about as Israel is (OK, Iceland is maybe a bit more... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

An israeli basketball team (Maccabi tel-aviv) have just won the Euroleague cup, which is the biggest title in European basketball, after beating an Italian team at the finals (Skipper Bolognia). And another Israeli team (Hapoel Jerusalem) took the 2nd most important cup in Europ, Euleb (spl?), after beating Real-Madrid!

So Israeli teams dominate the European basketball right now. I guess that's also true for poker... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 10:03 AM

I guess that's also true for poker...

LOL, Are you aware that the European Poker Challenge Comitee (the one with REAL europeans) has the power to ship you over to the NA team (and in that case you would end up in the losing team) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, everybody knows that Danes dominate European Poker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

We just tolerate other Europeans because we are a good-hearted community [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and we want the NA team to believe that it took a whole continent to beat them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (yes! we care about your feelings) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 11:09 AM

Hi William et al,

I am really pissed off that I can't play in the Euro Feast...I mean Euro Challenge. I was looking forward to chopping some greedy little fingers. So, to fire this up a little more I offer this:

As a special apetizer, the first $10 Bounty will be placed on Williams' (Moby Dicks') head. As an extra, if William is busted while STEALING the blinds, the bountie will be doubled. In other words, if William is in the button or the CO, it is folded to him, he raises and busts out showíng ANY pocket cards other than AX, 2 high cards (TENS or higher) or a pair, he's caught STEALING

I just gotta get involved somehow and since William is such a master thief, I thought this was appropriate. Plus, I have to defend NA honor and The Doc...so die European Scum... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Okay, okay, maybe that is going a bit too far....

Pitcher

I am looking forward to a rematch in the Weak Euro SNG this week!