Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 07:56 PM

Default WANTED: Hijackers!

Ok,

Now that Stars have private tournaments I have got myself a new sport.

Hijacking other forum's private tournaments.

I successfully hijacked the pokerforum.net tournament and beat them into the ground, taking first place (with the help of a couple of other 2+2ers).

Another private forum tournament is looming.

clubpoker.net

Now this is one that I really want to win. Not only are they a rival poker forum;

THEY ARE ALL FRENCH! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So come on people lets show "Le forum de Club Poker" who is the king of poker forums.

I have used my wonderful grasp of french (hee-haw hee-haw hee-haw, bonjour mangetout) to discover their password which is passion.

The game is at 3pm EDT on May 6th (2 days away)

I am even asking you "bloody americans" to lend a hand in this one. But don't worry we will kick you back into the gutter on the 8th May. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tim

p.s.: I am not really a xenophobic dickhead, it is just a bit of fun.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: WANTED: Hijackers!

Like he** you're not. And I'm a third generation zonophobe FrogStomper. Can I get in?

I didn't even know you polite, proper, tea sipping, English Gnomes had thing about the frogs. You may prove to be alright yet. (Excluding Saturday, of course!)

Doc
Old 05-03-2004, 08:30 PM

Ha!

Your dislike of the french spans a whole 6 months because of that poxy war.

The french and english have been mutually hating one another for centuries!

We have trees older than the USA - you have hardly had time to work up even a mild dislike for anyone. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tim
Old 05-04-2004, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your dislike of the french spans a whole 6 months because of that poxy war.

The french and english have been mutually hating one another for centuries!

We have trees older than the USA - you have hardly had time to work up even a mild dislike for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your points are valid, however, I would like to point out that the USA also has trees older than the USA [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have trees older than the USA - you have hardly had time to work up even a mild dislike for anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Line. However, we seem to have a pretty good track record for hating whoever is pissing us off at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have used my wonderful grasp of french (hee-haw hee-haw hee-haw, bonjour mangetout) to discover their password which is passion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out that most famous French military term, se rendre (surrender).
Old 05-04-2004, 10:40 AM

Unfortuately they have trees older than England too, maybe they are okay though t perkin as they have the French worked out. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 10:53 AM

Hey T and the rest,

Since I am gonna miss the Euro Feast...I'm, I mean Euro Challenge, I gotta go for this one. Need to order up some French Toast!

Pitcher
Old 05-04-2004, 11:00 AM

Default A bit Off Topic

Now this is one that I really want to win. Not only are they a rival poker forum;
THEY ARE ALL FRENCH!

Funny story. I was visiting a friend in London in early October, 2001. We were at the Lamb & Flag pub (I think) and we were talking about the recent attack on the WTC. I was talking about the history of responses to terrorism, and I mentioned the 1986 attack on Tripoli. Well, all of a sudden, everyone within earshot stood up and raised their glasses in a toast to the Yank, saying "and you bombed the French!"
Old 05-04-2004, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we seem to have a pretty good track record for hating whoever is pissing us off at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like us and the English having to go save their useless butts every time they get into it with anybody since 1917? And then they treat Americans like their lower class cousins from across the tracks when anybody visits their crummy little country, or the free world needs a little help somewhere?

Consider the fact that the french are the ONLY country in the world other than North Korea that are still involved in a nuclear testing program, and refuse to stop even when their "friends" in the free world ask them to.

No, I don't have to work hard at it at all, neither did my dad or granfather who were both IN the two major conflicts over there.

Sorry Stage, you got this one wrong. They really are deserving of the bad attitude they so easily engender in the rest of the world.

Doc