Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Checking the turn HU when an overcard falls...

Foxwoods 4/8...this hand occured in the last hour of yesterday's nine hour session, as I was savoring my +30BB day and the warm feeling that was coming over me from a shot of tequila I had recently quaffed. As I was waiting for my second shot to arrive before we needed to leave, I am dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP.

...UTG raises, folded to me in MP where I coldcall (my single coldcall of the day [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]), we get a couple of more coldcallers, and the blinds fold...Four to the flop.

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, folded back to UTG who calls.

[Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG checks, and I check.

[Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise...we look at each other, and I give him the "don't rereraise if you have an ace" look and he calls. He shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and as the dealer is chopping the pot I say "That river card saved you."

He then said "I had the straight on the turn but you didn't let me checkraise you."

To which I replied, "Well, you just had that checkraise look in your eyes."

He then looked at me somewhat confused, not knowing if I was kidding with him or not, and stated somewhat dejectedly "Wow, was it that obvious?"

Fortunately, my second shot arrived shortly thereafter. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Old 05-02-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Checking the turn HU when an overcard falls...

[ QUOTE ]
as the dealer is chopping the pot I say "That river card saved you."

[/ QUOTE ]

And why did you say this?
Old 05-02-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Checking the turn HU when an overcard falls...

[ QUOTE ]
And why did you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tequila.