Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2004, 02:07 PM

Default How high can you go?

A question to all you online players who multi-table full ring games (3 or more):

How high a limit can you play ABC style poker and still be profitable? I know from my own experience that the $3/$6 game is very beatable using this approach.

If any of you multi-tablers care to share if you are beating the $5/$10 or $15/$30 limits using this approach I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: How high can you go?

I suspect that one can profit from multi-tabling at the higher limits, although it requires more skill, experience, and more extensive notes..

I think if you play ABC poker at the higher limits you will probably get run over..

Old 04-30-2004, 03:04 PM

no, it pretty much works as high as you can afford to go. The problem is that many people aren't very good at ABC poker.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:11 PM

Seems to be a common question recently. IF you can play ABC poker well then you can beat almost any online game.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:37 PM

Ok newb question here. I did a search, but don't see it... what is ABC style poker? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 05:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it just means playing without being tricky. no headsup semi-bluff turn check-raises and stuff.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:58 AM

Hey O'Doyle, you and I have played quite a bit together on Party, you're a solid player. Anyway, I have a friend that makes a living playing 15-30 and higher, and we've talked about the ABC thing. I think the consensus is that if you play 15-30 the same way you play 3-6 without much trickiness, your win rate will definitely be lower, but you still have a very good chance at being at least a marginal winning player. I have the bankroll to play 15-30, but I'm very very risk averse and even after making 5 figures playing 3-6, I'm still taking my time moving up to 5-10. I've watched my friend play the 15-30 games for hours, and I know for a fact that I would've gotten BURNED in some situations playing the way I normally do. I'd be folding to a raise on the turn and he'd be re-raising and it would be good. The players fight for pots so much more. I think people are shaken out less with AK and pocket pairs.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:10 AM

IF you can play ABC poker well then you can beat almost any online game.

Playing 3-6 ABC at 15-30 would significantly lower your winrate and you would be bullied like a little girl. 15-30 can be successfully multitabled, but several adjustments need to be made. I think this blanket statement is quite dangerous and untrue in regards to the topic.

Cup
Old 05-03-2004, 11:14 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

based on my 3/6 play in the past, i think you would do well to disable chat
Old 05-03-2004, 12:29 PM

That's wrong. ABC poker is playing CORRECTLY. Most people (including posters here) have no idea what that is.