Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 AM

Default The Zoo is ...

The Zoo is dead, on life support, or just plain gone over the deep end. Frankly, I am leaning toward dead. The most unfunny people in the Universe live here. Their brand of humor once again released upon us unsuspecting normal people. Why is the Zoo dead? Let's look at the events of just the past 48 hours or so.

1. One of the least funny posters in zoo history is once again (as if they ever left) free to post their incessant drivel. The poster has a few followers and is fairly easy to ignore (thank God) but now we will be forced to once again endure many self-amusing posts and mindless drivel.

2. Two very respected posters square off and spew a whole freaking lot of venom at each other with no real reason.

3. Posters that I formally respected have decided to switch user names and continue to bait other posters in the forum.

4. At one point in the first 10 posts there was exactly 1 topic that was remotely about gaming and that topic had been hijacked by one of the above name changing yum yums.

5. RGP is better than this right now. Even with the spam. Think about that one. 9 out of the top 12 were POKER related and only 1 Spam type post.

I came here for the opportunity to learn from people that I considered top level poker players. However, I have come to learn something. The very very best do not come here for the most part. They are in the Tournament, the SS, the ( ) fill in the blank forum other than the zoo. The zoo is for the fringe. Those that COULD be top level. Those that have the skills but not the attitude. Sure, we have fun. We should because for 99% of us it is still a game we play. This is NOT fun. This is an ego driven, self pleasuring, narcistic chain of forum pollution. Do yourself a favor. While you are bowing to down to worship at the feet of the Great God of the Zoo put a Franklin Planner on the floor where you can see it and see if there is something better you could be doing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

To quote...

MEH

Stage Left [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 AM

Default Re: The Zoo is ...

The Zoo is........Home Sweet Home.

Its all about peaks and valleys. The zoo just has high variance. Sometimes the info is pure gold and it runs good for a while, but then the swings hit and we run bad.

rJ
Old 04-26-2004, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its all about peaks and valleys. The zoo just has high variance. Sometimes the info is pure gold and it runs good for a while, but then the swings hit and we run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

High Variance...good choice of words. We went for quite awhile with a great run. Lot's of fun, good choices of posts. Pure Gold as you said. Then events conspired to drive us down to the depths over the past couple of months and I am not really sure that we will crawl out now. Coincidence? Probably not. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Posters that I formally respected have decided to switch user names and continue to bait other posters in the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have lost respect for me because you dont like my sense of humor? ITS A JOKE FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! No one was harmed by it and the sun will come up this morning.

There are going to be times when there is lots of internet news to discuss and there are going to be times when there is none. Many of us here have forged friendships with other posters and we like to keep in touch even when there is no big news to talk about. Many here also have a sense of humor and find laughter is good theropy for coping with the ups and downs of poker. Im sorry if you have lost respect for me because I like to have a little good natured fun with my friends here. I feel that I contribute a significant amount of useful information to this forum but apparently my efforts to put a smile on someone's face or make someone laugh are unwanted. If you are going to lose respect for because I have a sense of humor thats fine by me. I like going through life with a smile on my face and aint nobody going to change that.

Regards
GM
Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have lost respect for me because you dont like my sense of humor? ITS A JOKE FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! No one was harmed by it and the sun will come up this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell are you? Why did you think I was talking about you in the first place? A little egomania in the morning goes a very long way. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also this:

[ QUOTE ]
Many of us here have forged friendships with other posters and we like to keep in touch even when there is no big news to talk about. Many here also have a sense of humor and find laughter is good theropy for coping with the ups and downs of poker. Im sorry if you have lost respect for me because I like to have a little good natured fun with my friends here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an example of the fun you are describing?

My comments obviously weren't directed toward you although you seemed to come to the conclusion that they were. I am sorry if I hit a spot that made you just a tad uncomfortable ToT. Just relax and keep having fun. It's insignificant.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My comments obviously weren't directed toward you although you seemed to come to the conclusion that they were. I am sorry if I hit a spot that made you just a tad uncomfortable ToT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just woke up, and it wasn't my post that you were responding to! I agree with GrannyMae that it is all in good fun, if you do not like it, skip it.

(ToT)?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:41 AM

Stage,

good post. You have pretty much summed up my opinion of this forum for the past few weeks.
As to references to having a sense of humor, I actually have one (of course humor is all a matter of personal opinion, blah blah blah...), and anyone else who does have one will realize that their are better mediums for their creative output than internet poker forums. What many people here find funny is the ongoing repetition of inside jokes that don't need to be carried on in public. I only wish there were some sort of enforcer who would clean up this forum.

okay, my arrogant mini rant is over, back to lurking.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. One of the least funny posters in zoo history is once again (as if they ever left) free to post their incessant drivel. The poster has a few followers and is fairly easy to ignore (thank God) but now we will be forced to once again endure many self-amusing posts and mindless drivel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, I have not got my name back, y'all; I been chillin' wit Stu Ball playing fo man tourneys waiting for da emancipation day of Ryan_21. You come correct pointin out I gots some peeps in my posse, and my hard-azz style ain't winnin no comedy awards.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Two very respected posters square off and spew a whole freaking lot of venom at each other with no real reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yo, Gabbyy and Stew are at it again? Dayam.

[ QUOTE ]

5. RGP is better than this right now. Even with the spam. Think about that one. 9 out of the top 12 were POKER related and only 1 Spam type post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart komparisen yo. RGP is one missel-laneous forum, 2+2 has a bunch of catagories. If you want to come correct, you have to compare the poker posts from all forums up against RGP. Looking at those 'tistics, no doubt, mo poker on 2+2.

[ QUOTE ]

I came here for the opportunity to learn from people that I considered top level poker players. However, I have come to learn something. The very very best do not come here for the most part. They are in the Tournament, the SS, the ( ) fill in the blank forum other than the zoo. The zoo is for the fringe. Those that COULD be top level. Those that have the skills but not the attitude. Sure, we have fun. We should because for 99% of us it is still a game we play. This is NOT fun. This is an ego driven, self pleasuring, narcistic chain of forum pollution. Do yourself a favor. While you are bowing to down to worship at the feet of the Great God of the Zoo put a Franklin Planner on the floor where you can see it and see if there is something better you could be doing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

To quote...

MEH

Stage Left [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, that is some sad stuff, yo and me and Tupac nevah cry. I guess it is beyond your thinks to unnerstand da truth. Word on dat tip, is that allot of poster post in more than one forum. Since the forums you talk about are all direct poker forums, they get most da poker posts. Internet forum is something quite diffrent and was never intended to be bout internet poker exclusively.

Da internet forum is what it is, y'all; some call it da zoo, some call home; some called da shizzit. But, even though Stu Ball likes to post his tips here, it is not really da forum you go to learn da game, but where you go to keep up on news and developments in the internet gaming world.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo, I have not got my name back, y'all; I been chillin' wit Stu Ball playing fo man tourneys waiting for da emancipation day of Ryan_21. You come correct pointin out I gots some peeps in my posse, and my hard-azz style ain't winnin no comedy awards.

[/ QUOTE ]

What really is hilarious is that I received a number of PM's and then a couple of posts here from people that thought I was talking about them. That fact alone should tell us something. The people that were referenced have been in contact with me and I have answered them as completely as possible. If you have not had contact with me I was NOT talking about you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What really is hilarious is that I received a number of PM's and then a couple of posts here from people that thought I was talking about them. That fact alone should tell us something. The people that were referenced have been in contact with me and I have answered them as completely as possible. If you have not had contact with me I was NOT talking about you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is most correct iz you can't pm me, yo, cuz yo azz is blocked on my account. Evryone knows you be dissin' this homeboy. But you can't cuz imitation is the best form of flattury. I got some peeps and a posse, I gots a posse of peeps and other marshmalow treats.