Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 12:10 PM

Default tournament books-maybe im just not using the search engine correctly

I'm not really finding what i want. I've seen some posts asking for tournament books, but a lot of the recommendations to me don't really seemed geared solely at no limit holdem [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]tournament [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] play. On amazon they had a few options. Is the book selection on tourney play that limited?
Old 04-23-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: tournament books-maybe im just not using the search engine correctly

Yes especially on NL play. If you haven’t done so already you should definitely pick up TPFAP, it doesn't talk a lot about NL play, but presents ideas that are crucial in tournament play. I also recommend you read TOP and relate the ideas presented to NL tournamnets. If you are a beginner at NL tournaments you might also want to check out Mcevoy's new book, No-Limit Texas Hold'em: The New Player's Guide to Winning Poker's Biggest Game. Hope this helps.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: tournament books-maybe im just not using the search engine correctly

yes it does, thanks